Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They don't have to be completely obscure, but what are five of your favorite fights in your collection that wouldn't be ones that just about everybody would list right off the bat when they think of greatest fights of all time. For example, not Ali/Frazier III, Corrales/Castillo I, Gatti/Ward I, or Hagler/Hearns.

I can watch these fights every single day:

James Toney/Vassiliy Jirov 4-26-03
Acelino Freitas/Jorge Barrios 8-9-03
Jorge Arce/Hussein Hussein I 3-19-05
Julio Gonzalez/Julian Letterlough 2-2-01
Merqui Sosa/Charles Williams I 1-13-95

·
Registered
88 Posts
Jorge Arce vs. Hussein Hussein
Roy Jones vs. Glen Kelly
Sakio Bika vs. Jaidon Codrington
Jorge Arce vs. Christian Mijares
Marco Antonio Barrera vs. Mzonke Fana

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Bert Cooper x Michael Moorer
Castillo x Corrales I
Toney x Nunn
Barrera x Morales I
Vasquez x Marquez II

And of course any John Ruiz fight

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Ancelino Freitas vs Juan Diaz
Lewis vs Mercer
Michael Carbajal vs Humberto Gonzales (if you havent seen this one your missing out of one of the ATG fights imo)
Winky Wright vs Fernardo Vargas
Holyfield vs Moorer II

Some of my personal favorites and i always enjoy watching these fights.

·
Registered
224 Posts
They don't have to be completely obscure, but what are five of your favorite fights in your collection that wouldn't be ones that just about everybody would list right off the bat when they think of greatest fights of all time. For example, not Ali/Frazier III, Corrales/Castillo I, Gatti/Ward I, or Hagler/Hearns.

I can watch these fights every single day:

James Toney/Vassiliy Jirov 4-26-03
Acelino Freitas/Jorge Barrios 8-9-03
Jorge Arce/Hussein Hussein I 3-19-05
Julio Gonzalez/Julian Letterlough 2-2-01
Merqui Sosa/Charles Williams I 1-13-95

My goodnes i have not watched any of these fights.
what am i missing no dice

Badger in Asia

·
Registered
229 Posts
Mayweather vs Ndou
Mayweather vs Hatton (I know the fight sucked but it brings be make to my favorite lead up since becomming a full-fledged boxing fan)
Diaz vs Morales
Diaz vs Santa Cruz
Wright vs Taylor

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My goodnes i have not watched any of these fights.
what am i missing no dice

Badger in Asia
Dude, that's exactly why I made this thread. You need to check out ALL five of those fights I listed.

James Toney/Vassiliy Jirov - one of the best cruiserweight fights you will ever see; masterful counterpunching by Toney matched with effective aggression by Jirov; one of the best displays of infighting out there (originally broadcast on HBO in the US)

Acelino Freitas/Jorge Barrios - just an awesome fight with a lot of drama and a great atmosphere; I don't want to spoil it for you (originally broadcast on Showtime in the US)

Jorge Arce/Hussein Hussein I - all out war between two tiny guys; incredible chins, nonstop action, and one of the nastiest cuts you'll ever seen on a nose; on the undercard of Pacquiao/Morales I and came close to outdoing that fight (originally broadcast on HBO PPV in the US)

Julio Gonzalez/Julian Letterlough - awesome back and forth battle; trading knockdowns (originally broadcast on ESPN in the US)

Merqui Sosa/Charles Williams I - brutal fight, guns blazing, guts galore, and a very rare outcome (originally broadcast on ESPN in the US)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts