Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he should retire, since he beat Baldomir, Judah and Jr welter Ricky Hatton @ 147 :thumbsup:

Those are some impressive victories, Leonard who ? Ray Robinson who ? Duran who ? Floyd has proven he is a warrior and willing to take on the best, and he already did on his impressive win over top p4p Carlos Baldomir. Floyd has noone to beat now, he should retire as the best 147 ever !

props to floyd Mayweather Jr.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'd say he is the best human- period :laugh:

I mean the best woman's blood cycle Haha :laugh::laugh:

Kiddin..

Why are people so obsessed with him:dunno:

·
Registered
249 Posts
You just feel bad because he wont fight Cotto.

ME TOO!!

But Cotto is more dangerous at 147 than Oscar or Hatton and Oscar and Hatton bring in the $$ i understand it but dont like it. Unless he fights Hatton at 140 its a fight not worth making.

G

·
Baldomir, Judah? hardly world beaters, infact those victories proved nothing. He ran from Baldomir and the Judah fight could of been interesting had Judah not been a fruitcake.

I not taking anything away from Floyd but i think he has beaten far better fighters than some of those you mentioned.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I sense sarcasm:laugh: Hearns & SRL beat him IMO. Who knows about Robinson, there's very little film of him at 147.

"I sense sarcasm"

It is a bait thread!!!

They all kill Mayweather at 147lbs, i must be lucky i have 8 Robinson fights at Welterweight he won all by KO in under 4rds and left the division 88-1 when he left Welterweight having beaten every contender fighting three times a month at times after beating Graziano at 160 having beaten everyone he was 131-2 then he moved to 175lbs.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I think Floyd needs 6 legitimate 147 pound fights under his belt to even attempt to make this a true statement.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ Are you serious ? He beat Carlos Baldomir dude, C A R L O S B A L D O M I R , WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ?

Cotto and Margarito are lucky Floyd decided to retire !

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
^^ Are you serious ? He beat Carlos Baldomir dude, C A R L O S B A L D O M I R , WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT ?

Cotto and Margarito are lucky Floyd decided to retire !

Word dawg! Baldomir was a wrecking machine. :D

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
One of my co-workers asked me the other day when I would ever find it in my heart to say a good word about Floyd Mayweather Jr. It didn't take but a second before he had withdrawn his question and said something to effect of no, no, there's no way you'll ever say anything nice about the guy. I said that was not true and that if Floyd Jr were to happen to die today, I would appreciatively thank the man for doing the world a favor. Harsh, yes. Brutal, I know. I was speaking from the heart, though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
147 always been a wonderful weight through history, impossible to pick the best (just too personal 12 rounds vs 15 rounds debate for example) however credit to floyd he is very good but not great (yet) alas at 147 the competition would beat him especially the 3 mentioned above.

Badger in Asia

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Floyd haters are 10x much obsessed with him then ever the fanboys :) Just notice who always brings him up in duscussions :D Yes most of the time that guy is from britain or a latino :D

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
he should retire, since he beat Baldomir, Judah and Jr welter Ricky Hatton @ 147 :thumbsup:

Those are some impressive victories, Leonard who ? Ray Robinson who ? Duran who ? Floyd has proven he is a warrior and willing to take on the best, and he already did on his impressive win over top p4p Carlos Baldomir. Floyd has noone to beat now, he should retire as the best 147 ever !

props to floyd Mayweather Jr.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Speaking of Floyd, it pissed me off so much that the crew doing the EliteXC event on Saturday night kept trashing boxing, say things like "remember folks, this is MMA, it's nonstop action from the time the opening bell rings to the end of the fight, unlike boxing", but then one s.o.b. went as far to compare one of their fighter's "defense" to that of Mayweather. I couldn't freaking believe it. There isn't a guy in MMA that has better defense than Arturo Gatti, much less Floyd Mayweather Jr.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts