Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Floyd: "I might dump boxing for WWE"

Last night Floyd Mayweather Jr. alongside other Stars from WWE Wrestling were on CNN's Larry King Live. Mayweather Jr. with Promoter and Owner Vince McMahon, Big Show, Triple H and Jerhico sat in with King to discuss what fans can expect from this year's Wrestlemania 24.

Mayweather Jr. bragged on Larry King's program that he made the Sport of Boxing huge. Mayweather Jr stated on the program: "I think it's more like with boxing, they must realize, I made
the sport of boxing huge. Not just big, huge. And last year, 3.5 million in two fights, 3.5 million homes. At gates, I grossed in over 30 million. And so total -- with the total pot grossing last year, with the network, which is Time Warner/HBO, grossed probably 300 million."

After stating that he made Boxing huge, King asked Mayweather Jr.: "In view of all of that, aren't you the least bit worried, career worried, about taking a risk like this?" Mayweather jr responded to King's question with: "Is the risk worth the reward? Absolutely. Absolutely." King then asked Mayweather Jr what he was making for his stint in the WWE. Mayweather Jr. told King he was making 20 Million. A shocked King then asked McMahon if he was paying Mayweather Jr. 20 million.

McMahon didn't confirm that $20 million is the sum Mayweather Jr. is making, but said he wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather Jr. received that much and indicated it would be well worth the money. McMahon stated: I wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20 million dollars. But it will be worth every nickel of it."

After McMahon spoke, Mayweather Jr. then stated he might dump Boxing and stay in the WWE. Mayweather Jr. declared on King's show: "It's possible I could be here to stay. I may not go back to boxing. It all depends

If this is true, F Floyd. He's lost my respect if this is true. The larry king live show will be on tonight on cnn as well for those that missed it.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I saw this its true. He should have lost yours and every true boxing fans respect a long time ago. Hes all about money he dont give a damn about boxing. Its just a job that pays and now he can get paid more in a new job with the WWE.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
We may see Cotto vs Mayweather at Summerslam. :rolleyes:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If he still fights, I'll be fine with him, But if he gives it up for that crap. I'll be pissed.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
We may see Cotto vs Mayweather at Summerslam. :rolleyes:
Ill take it. Its a shame but Ill take it. Floyd thinks that he gave boxing new life but it seems to me like hes killing it. Hes pretty much saying that he'd rather fight a script fight with the WWE for 20 million than fight Cotto this summer for 20 million.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mayweather is a guy thats hard for me to read. I have no idea what he's thinking. sometimes I dont think he knows. Its possible he's getting paid 20 million for wrestlemania, but theres no way mcmahan can pay him 20 million a month. Which is what floyd is probabley thinking.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Floyds goal in life is to be the first billionaire athlete. Retarded, What are you going to do with all that money.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
McMahon isnt going to give Mayweather 20 mill for every PPV event hes on. PBF would be an idiot to think about dropping boxing for wrestling because he thinks he will get the boxing money somewhere else.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mayweather is the face of boxing, and He could pull in 100 million dollar a year if he only fought twice a year. He's made boxing big again, but he's in the spot to make it even bigger. The sky is the limit for him but running off and doing other stuff jsut because he has a name now is rediculous. Boxing is what made him what he is. He's becoming a sell out.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
exactly! and he makes more in boxing period....end of story;)
How so. Hes gonna fight In WWE for about 15 minutes and make 20 million this fight will be infront of the largest crowd he has ever been infront of. He boxes 2 times a year. And only 1 time this year. The WWE has a PPV every month of the year. 20 million*2 Or 20 million*12. With one is more??? Even if he only gets 10 million he still makes more in the WWE.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I will defend him like always, but i wont support him until he fights cotto.
Wow thats a big move. You might have to go to The Money Mayweather rehibilitation center or are you gonna try it cold turkey? :laugh:

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
How so. Hes gonna fight In WWE for about 15 minutes and make 20 million this fight will be infront of the largest crowd he has ever been infront of. He boxes 2 times a year. And only 1 time this year. The WWE has a PPV every month of the year. 20 million*2 Or 20 million*12. With one is more??? Even if he only gets 10 million he still makes more in the WWE.
mayweather's not getting 20 million for all this. i'm almost certain of it. if he were to accidently incur an injury that would jeopardize his fight with dlh i can see mcmahon being liable. in that scenario only can i see him making 20 million.

·
Registered
661 Posts
mayweather's not getting 20 million for all this. i'm almost certain of it. if he were to accidently incur an injury that would jeopardize his fight with dlh i can see mcmahon being liable. in that scenario only can i see him making 20 million.
The 20 million thing is fairly obviously part of the plotline.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts