Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 344 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayweather gives first interview since retirement

"Even a guy like Jim Lampley, he praises Kelly Pavlik -- who has won some good fights, he beat Jermain Taylor twice, we have to give him credit for that -- but they talk about Kelly Pavlik, a white fighter, like he's the second coming Or they go crazy over Manny Pacquiao. But I'm a black fighter," Mayweather said. "Is it racial? Absolutely. They praise white fighters, they praise Hispanic fighters, whatever. But black fighters, they never praise.

"I've noticed it for a long time but I couldn't say anything because I had to do business with them. I'll still do business with them, but I'm done holding my tongue. I think HBO is great. But their announcers are full of (expletive)."

Mayweather rips HBO announcers for racial bias

Mayweather criticized the network's announcers for a bias against black fighters, and for not treating their own indiscretions as seriously as those committed by people they cover, during an exclusive interview with The Press.

"Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant, Emanuel Steward, they're always talking about the negative things in my life," Mayweather said. "But I've seen Jim Lampley in the same strip club as me before. They always want to talk about me going to strip clubs, but they don't want to talk about that.

"He caught a court case himself, too. But when they catch a case, all they do is take them off the air a couple weeks, then it's over."

Full interview here.

Mayweather gives first interview since retirement - Mayweather - MLive.com

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Mayweather gives first interview since retirement

"Even a guy like Jim Lampley, he praises Kelly Pavlik -- who has won some good fights, he beat Jermain Taylor twice, we have to give him credit for that -- but they talk about Kelly Pavlik, a white fighter, like he's the second coming Or they go crazy over Manny Pacquiao. But I'm a black fighter," Mayweather said. "Is it racial? Absolutely. They praise white fighters, they praise Hispanic fighters, whatever. But black fighters, they never praise.

"I've noticed it for a long time but I couldn't say anything because I had to do business with them. I'll still do business with them, but I'm done holding my tongue. I think HBO is great. But their announcers are full of (expletive)."

Mayweather rips HBO announcers for racial bias

Mayweather criticized the network's announcers for a bias against black fighters, and for not treating their own indiscretions as seriously as those committed by people they cover, during an exclusive interview with The Press.

"Jim Lampley, Larry Merchant, Emanuel Steward, they're always talking about the negative things in my life," Mayweather said. "But I've seen Jim Lampley in the same strip club as me before. They always want to talk about me going to strip clubs, but they don't want to talk about that.

"He caught a court case himself, too. But when they catch a case, all they do is take them off the air a couple weeks, then it's over."

Full interview here.

Mayweather gives first interview since retirement - Mayweather - MLive.com
That is ludicrous to bring race into this. Mayweather is just like his fans Unable to take criticism

·
8,579 Posts
Your entitled to your oppinion.
Well be honest Lance do you really think its because Floyd is a black fighter that some boxing fans dont like him??? Boxing is one of the sports where the color of a mans skin or his nationality isnt a problem

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I agree with what mayweather is saying? No

Do I think the HBO announcers have been tough on him? Yes

And Racism Exist everywhere, even boxing.

·
8,579 Posts
Do I agree with what mayweather is saying? No

Do I think the HBO announcers have been tough on him? Yes

And Racism Exist everywhere, even boxing.
For starters Lampley is just a cheerleader for the HBO fighters he's very biased. Larry is like an old slow lovable grandfather that starts a story and gets lost in the middle.Kellerman does not have the boxing knowledge he claims to have he gets too exciteable. Lennox knows what he's talking about but had difficulty getting it across. Manny knows boxing but for some reason i find his accent hard to understand if he gets excited.
Lance in our gym racism was scoffed at. Sure the guys called each other names but it was all in fun. I never saw one racial argument in all the years i was in there. I hate racism there is only one race The Human Race

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Larry Merchant is racist no doubt, but Floyd's trippin on Lampley. That guy is as far from racist as you can get. You can literally FEEL the hatred for Floyd when Merchant speaks. Old white guys like him absolutely HATE young, black dudes with insane money, especially flashy dudes like Floyd. That shitt just drives them crazy. Those same guys hate Allen Iverson and Chad Johnson. It makes me laugh. Fukk Merchant. Lampley is the man.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
For starters Lampley is just a cheerleader for the HBO fighters he's very biased. Larry is like an old slow lovable grandfather that starts a story and gets lost in the middle.Kellerman does not have the boxing knowledge he claims to have he gets too exciteable. Lennox knows what he's talking about but had difficulty getting it across. Manny knows boxing but for some reason i find his accent hard to understand if he gets excited.
Lance in our gym racism was scoffed at. Sure the guys called each other names but it was all in fun. I never saw one racial argument in all the years i was in there. I hate racism there is only one race The Human Race
Same ol CJ. You name all the HBO guys and hate on every single one.

G

·
Does Floyd realise that Manny Steward is black!! The HBO crew have been tough on him for other reasons other than racism. I've heard them give props to many black fighters, Roy Jones for instance. That's complete bullshitt.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like marchant and lampley. I'm always clowning on merchant though, lampley is the man though. Floyd knows more behind the scene stuff though than we do.

Mike Tyson had problems with HBO as well.

·
8,579 Posts
Same ol CJ. You name all the HBO guys and hate on every single one.
Where is the hate Shane Geez man you seemto call every one that has an opinion different to yours a hater WHY?????????

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
No peers: On the identity of the new pound-for-pound king -- generally considered to be Pacquiao, the lightweight champion from The Philippines -- Mayweather said he had no opinion on the debate anymore.

"I'm so far ahead of those other bums, I couldn't even tell you," he said.
That's what I've been saying! I didn't realize Floyd had retarded money like that. I mean I knew he was stupid-rich, but a $26 million jet? Straight balllliiiinnnnnnn!!! That will really piss Merchant off.

·
8,579 Posts
I like marchant and lampley. I'm always clowning on merchant though, lampley is the man though. Floyd knows more behind the scene stuff though than we do.

Mike Tyson had problems with HBO as well.

Not because he was black

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Where is the hate Shane Geez man you seemto call every one that has an opinion different to yours a hater WHY?????????
Where's the hate? LMAO Look at what I bolded.

Only you would take the time to mention every guy on HBO's team JUST to trash them. I'm changing to your name to IHateEverything.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have a terribly difficult time finding anything to like about Floyd Junior. Should I be worried that it's making me appear to be racist?

G

·
That's what I've been saying! I didn't realize Floyd had retarded money like that. I mean I knew he was stupid-rich, but a $26 million jet? Straight balllliiiinnnnnnn!!! That will really piss Merchant off.
To say Merchant dislikes Floyd because he has a jet is ridiculous man :laugh: :laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a terribly difficult time finding anything to like about Floyd Junior. Should I be worried that it's making me appear to be racist?
Herse something for ya.

He's worth millions of dollars and will be providing for his kids for the rest of their lives so they will have a better life. He wants to be there for them as well when he gets old.

Thats pretty honorable.

1 - 20 of 344 Posts