Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while ago on ESPN, there was a video where Floyd Mayweather talks about not getting the respect he really deserves, he he feels unnappreciated, etc. he started crying, breaking down and saying that the de la hoya fight would be his last. at the end, he says "Perfection is not enough." does anybody have the link?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
What a ****. He's rated as the number 1 P4P fighter in the world, and he's crying he doesnt get respect? I like Mayweather as much as the next guy, but thats rediculous.
He obviously gets PLENTY of respect. But, if he wanted to shut up any of the haters, he should fight the toughest competition, instead of the highest paying competition.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
What a ****. He's rated as the number 1 P4P fighter in the world, and he's crying he doesnt get respect? I like Mayweather as much as the next guy, but thats rediculous.
He obviously gets PLENTY of respect. But, if he wanted to shut up any of the haters, he should fight the toughest competition, instead of the highest paying competition.
i think thats all boxing fans want to see him do, oscar next though but i still feel if there was a buck less offered the fight wouldn't be on.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
he will my freind. Dela hoya big left hook. Bang right on the whiskers

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
All wrong. If you made your money boxing why would you take a lower paying/more risky fight? An undefeated record says enough. He is referring to the fact that before everyone of his fights the media never fails to say that Floyd's opponent will give Floyd so much trouble and blah blah blah. Then he dismantles them to perfection and never has a scratch. Floyd owns DLH. Period!!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
All wrong. If you made your money boxing why would you take a lower paying/more risky fight? An undefeated record says enough. He is referring to the fact that before everyone of his fights the media never fails to say that Floyd's opponent will give Floyd so much trouble and blah blah blah. Then he dismantles them to perfection and never has a scratch. Floyd owns DLH. Period!!!
undefeated records mean nothing when your not fighting the best fighters possible, the delahoya fight to floyd is all about the $$$$ i truly beleive that floyd is so arogant her beleives oscar will be an easy dance. even going back to 140 when he fought the likes of henry brussles when there were solid offers from kostya when he was on top, and floyd showed his true colors at 147 when there was a carrer high of $8m offered to him from arum to fight margarito but he chose to fight zab then baldomir

this to me isnt what a p4o #1 does. look at the competition manny pac fights compared to floyd.

·
Registered
187 Posts
tommygunn said:
undefeated records mean nothing when your not fighting the best fighters possible, the delahoya fight to floyd is all about the $$$$ i truly beleive that floyd is so arogant her beleives oscar will be an easy dance. even going back to 140 when he fought the likes of henry brussles when there were solid offers from kostya when he was on top, and floyd showed his true colors at 147 when there was a carrer high of $8m offered to him from arum to fight margarito but he chose to fight zab then baldomir

this to me isnt what a p4o #1 does. look at the competition manny pac fights compared to floyd.
I guess you'll be betting a ton of points for OdelaH to win, right? :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Jetcar said:
I guess you'll be betting a ton of points for OdelaH to win, right? :D
oh yes, i hope to have 50.000 after this fight. :laugh:

·
Registered
707 Posts
the sad reality is that Floyd gets no respect because he deserves none. lets be honest here I am a big fan or Oscar and I think he will win the fight but Floyd has picke this time to make his move for a reason he believes that Oscar is done and looks to add a decision win over Oscar de la Hoya on his record is that simple. there are better fights out there for Floyd and Frankly for Oscar as well but Oscar has lots of pride and Floyd lots of greed even if he looses he makes millions and deserves none. Floyd has always sought the path of least resisitance and thinks he found a big money maker here the worst part is that if he wins a 12 round bore fest he will declare himself the king of the sport and the best ever what a f-ing joke. at this point I doubt that he could redeeme himself in my book .the guy is a punk-b-itch what a shame all the talent ans skill wasted on a guy unwilling to use it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
windowguy said:
the sad reality is that Floyd gets no respect because he deserves none. lets be honest here I am a big fan or Oscar and I think he will win the fight but Floyd has picke this time to make his move for a reason he believes that Oscar is done and looks to add a decision win over Oscar de la Hoya on his record is that simple. there are better fights out there for Floyd and Frankly for Oscar as well but Oscar has lots of pride and Floyd lots of greed even if he looses he makes millions and deserves none. Floyd has always sought the path of least resisitance and thinks he found a big money maker here the worst part is that if he wins a 12 round bore fest he will declare himself the king of the sport and the best ever what a f-ing joke. at this point I doubt that he could redeeme himself in my book .the guy is a punk-b-itch what a shame all the talent ans skill wasted on a guy unwilling to use it.
window you have a way with words my freind. :thumbsup:

totaly agree with what your saying, the guy with all the talent in world like gayweather should be testing himself at all times. its been proved in the past how much chicken **** he realy is when fighting brussles and gatti when he could have fought kostya.

i also hear a lot of floyds fans saying that he made more than the $8m when fighting baldomir. yeah maybe he did but if he would have beaten tony so easily why didn't he fight him instead of zab? because thats what most mayweather fans forget, the offer was tabled before zab! now he could have fought tony and beat him. (personaly i dont think he would) for $8m then there was always gonna be baldomir there for the taking afterwords so he could have made more than $16m from 2 fights and still be in this position to get another $20m fighting oscar......

i know what id have done. :cool:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
HUGOBOX said:
Regardless,win,loose or draw, he'll have a good cry on the way to the bank
win lose or draw merchant better duck during the interview. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Why is it that the people with the most potential and talent waste all of it and aren't deserving??? I mean really look at as Tommy stated it Gayweather or Toney or Tyson. They all had/has all of the tools, and don't bring the full potential out and test it, or in Toney and Tyson's case hone it in by training.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
Why is it that the people with the most potential and talent waste all of it and aren't deserving??? I mean really look at as Tommy stated it Gayweather or Toney or Tyson. They all had/has all of the tools, and don't bring the full potential out and test it, or in Toney and Tyson's case hone it in by training.
i will say that floyd is always in great shape but then he knows against these welterweights and juniur middles hes gonna be going 12 rounds. he aint got the pop up there to hurt these guys.

tyson done the worst thing any power guy could do he started to beleive all he had to do was land a bomb pick up his check and go home which you obviously cant, and toney does train obviously not as hard as he should but his eating habits are disgusting,

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
i will say that floyd is always in great shape but then he knows against these welterweights and juniur middles hes gonna be going 12 rounds. he aint got the pop up there to hurt these guys.

tyson done the worst thing any power guy could do he started to beleive all he had to do was land a bomb pick up his check and go home which you obviously cant, and toney does train obviously not as hard as he should but his eating habits are disgusting,
But PBF should be testing him self more, and finding his limits. Like if he bumped up a class or 2, then he could see how hard it is to win, and if he needs to blow himself out every time to win, go down a weight class and so on. Tyson also didn't ttrain how he should starting from 1989 on. Toney is a slob, he looked great at supermiddleweight, good at cruiser, and now, well now he is a fat slob that barely keeps his balance when he gets hit.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
But PBF should be testing him self more, and finding his limits. Like if he bumped up a class or 2, then he could see how hard it is to win, and if he needs to blow himself out every time to win, go down a weight class and so on. Tyson also didn't ttrain how he should starting from 1989 on. Toney is a slob, he looked great at supermiddleweight, good at cruiser, and now, well now he is a fat slob that barely keeps his balance when he gets hit.
floyd was most effective at 135 he's now at 154 thats 3 weight classes he's moved up he's just not testing himself against the dangerous fighters on the way.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
floyd was most effective at 135 he's now at 154 thats 3 weight classes he's moved up he's just not testing himself against the dangerous fighters on the way.
I guess thats what I was trying to say, he isn't going in against the guys that have a chance at beating him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
I guess thats what I was trying to say, he isn't going in against the guys that have a chance at beating him.
if oscar turns up for this fight in top condition with some good sparring behind him floyd is getting ko'd. and i think he will, when you see the fighters whom oscar has in his camp to spar with its like a who's who of boxing today with the likes of hopkins, mosley and barrera thats what i call quality sparring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts