Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Quoted by The Sun in regards to a possible rematch with Hatton, Mayweather stated: "A rematch is possible. All you Brits would love to see it because you want your man to have a victory."

Mayweather went on to warn: "But if we did fight again he can’t win. Never ever." Mayweather added: "He could have won every round but it doesn’t matter because once I hit him with the showstopper it was all she wrote."

Mayweather knows he holds all the cards and if he decides to fight a rematch with Hatton, then he will call all the shots. "If we do fight again then guess what - we’ll be going wherever Floyd Mayweather wants to. Floyd Mayweather calls the shots."

Mayweather also wished Hatton well for his homecoming against Juan Lazcano, live on Sky Box Office on May 24.

"I think Ricky Hatton fought his heart out and we gave the fans their money's worth," Mayweather added.

"Fingers crossed Ricky's ready mentally as well as physically because the fight took a lot out of Ricky Hatton.

"But we are wishing him nothing but the best."

Mayweather returns to action at WrestleMania 24 on March 30. Mayweather will be pitted against "Big Show," a 440 pound giant.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Hatton can't hang. Mayweather just lost some brownie points with me... He should have issued the warning to Cotto who has unwisely chosen to open his mouth and deride the boxing messiah.

I'm not impressed. Watching Mayweather fight Hatton again is abuse. Like watching a mouse get devoured by a serpent.

·
Registered
472 Posts
mayweather hatton 2 in not needed. Ricky was KNOCKED OUT...not UD....if it went the distance then yeah maybe..but he got knocked out in the 10th i beleive...

Cotto just needs to keep on calling floyd out...sooner or later he will have to respond

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Like I said before if cotto had any balls he would go straight to Floyds home in vegas, knock on the door, then when Floyd's mommma answers it smack her in the mouth then walk over to his Bently, Porche or what ever and key scratch the hell out of it... that would defenetly get PB attention.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
How do I put this? Hatton wants the rematch, but deep down inside I think we can all agree there's no way he really wants the rematch.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hatton can't hang. Mayweather just lost some brownie points with me... He should have issued the warning to Cotto who has unwisely chosen to open his mouth and deride the boxing messiah.

I'm not impressed. Watching Mayweather fight Hatton again is abuse. Like watching a mouse get devoured by a serpent.
Mayweather will fight anyone rather than meet Cotto or Margarito.
I hope he does fight Hatton this time in Hattons home town with hattons homies as officials. on a level field you'd see a very different fight

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
He'll go as far as Billy Graham lets him. Hatton isn't a punk, he has a lot of heart. Though I think Billy is the more realistic of the duo. He wouldn't allow Hatton to get massacred like that. Hatton better beat this bum he has on the way and fight for a title at 140lbs. Along with that, he should keep Floyds name out of his mouth because it really isn't a think for a guy that walks around at 150'ish lbs to take a another trip down to 140 and grab that easy payday.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Mayweather will fight anyone rather than meet Cotto or Margarito.
I hope he does fight Hatton this time in Hattons home town with hattons homies as officials. on a level field you'd see a very different fight
I can't counter what I've embolded. Why you ask? Well because if Mayweather was to issue a warning it clearly should not have been to his pet, Hatton. It should have been to Cotto! You win this one, damnit.

^ The MH Gang has has won this battle, but they won't win the war. LOL J/K

As to Mayweather-Hatton in England at 140 lbs? It wouldn't matter if the three judges were comprised of Hatton's mother, father, and girl friend. He'd get Gatti'd the f*ck up.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As much as I don't want this fight to happen, Floyd is likely to give Hatton a rematch if he beats Oscar again. will he go back down to 140? Yes it wouldn't be a problem. Does Hatton really want a rematch? Noone would refuse a payday against Floyd and I think he really believes he can beat him. Why would Floyd want to fight Hatton again instead of Cotto? Ricky is much more popular in UK than Cotto is in Puerto Rico and America. That's the most money Floyd can make besides fighting Oscar.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
As much as I don't want this fight to happen, Floyd is likely to give Hatton a rematch if he beats Oscar again. will he go back down to 140? Yes it wouldn't be a problem. Does Hatton really want a rematch? Noone would refuse a payday against Floyd and I think he really believes he can beat him. Why would Floyd want to fight Hatton again instead of Cotto? Ricky is much more popular in UK than Cotto is in Puerto Rico and America. That's the most money Floyd can make besides fighting Oscar.
If he fights Hatton after De La Hoya then there will be nothing we, his fans, can say in his defense. That's unless we claim to care about another man's bank account. Fighting De La Hoya again is acceptable because the fight was a SD on the official scorecards and clearing it up just like he did his only other contraversial win will help his chapter in history. Fighting Hatton though? It's just being a bully and a money hog. Not cool! :dunno:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts