Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who do you think would win in bouts between these recognized champions and the "P4P king" when both have been at their best in the weight class.

Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao at 130lbs

Mayweather Jr vs Juan Diaz at 135 lbs

Mayweather Jr vs Ricky Hatton at 140lbs

Mayweather Jr vs Cory spinks at 154lbs

This is just to get a feel on how strong Mayweather's P4P status is with boxing fans.

I personally think that Mayweather would have spanked the Pac-Man at 130, done the same to Juan Diaz at 135, TKO'd Ricky Hatton just like he did to him at 147, and I think he would have easily outboxed and ended up stopping Cory Spinks at 154.

So I think that his P4P status, and possibly being an all time great has already manufested given what he's accomplished, and how good I rate his skill level.

What do you guys think?

·
Banned
589 Posts
Who do you think would win in bouts between these recognized champions and the "P4P king" when both have been at their best in the weight class.

Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao at 130lbs

Mayweather Jr vs Juan Diaz at 135 lbs

Mayweather Jr vs Ricky Hatton at 140lbs

Mayweather Jr vs Cory spinks at 154lbs

This is just to get a feel on how strong Mayweather's P4P status is with boxing fans.

I personally think that Mayweather would have spanked the Pac-Man at 130, done the same to Juan Diaz at 135, TKO'd Ricky Hatton just like he did to him at 147, and I think he would have easily outboxed and ended up stopping Cory Spinks at 154.

So I think that his P4P status, and possibly being an all time great has already manufested given what he's accomplished, and how good I rate his skill level.

What do you guys think?
I Think Cory Spinks At 154 Is The Hardest Of All. Basically He's Gonna Run From Mayweather And Try To Slip A Jab Here And There. But I Think Pac-Man Dose The Most Damage If They Fight At 130, Due To His Ability to Take 2 To Give 1, And Even In His Best At 130 Mayweather's Defense Still Had Holes In It.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He would win all 4 IMO. I think he'd definetly get the TKO over Hatton, with a good chance of getting a stoppage against both Pac and Diaz. An extra offensive Floyd might even stop Spinks at 154 too, but i doubt it very much.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Floyd would beat them all easily except for Spinks. He would beat Spinks, but he would have to catch his ass all night.

·
Banned
589 Posts
So you'd pick Paquiao to beat Mayweather at 130, and Spinks to give him a close fight, basically?
No No No No No I Said Pac-man Would Do The Most Damage. Floyd's D At 130 Wasnt Half As Good As It Is Now. The Reason Why Castillo Had A Good Showing In There First Fight Was, Becuz Of Floyd's Eagerness To Raise His Right Elbow, He Took Quite A Few Body Shots In That Fight, He Doesnt Lift That Elbow Nearly As Much Now.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
No No No No No I Said Pac-man Would Do The Most Damage. Floyd's D At 130 Wasnt Half As Good As It Is Now. The Reason Why Castillo Had A Good Showing In There First Fight Was, Becuz Of Floyd's Eagerness To Raise His Right Elbow, He Took Quite A Few Body Shots In That Fight, He Doesnt Lift That Elbow Nearly As Much Now.
That and his torn rotator cuff.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, we have a new champ at 135lbs and at 154lbs. How would the best Mayweather at 135lbs do against the current Nate Cambell guys? How would he handle Verno Phillips?

·
Registered
624 Posts
P4P- if you could see mayweather face calzaghe! it would be lights out for mayweather!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Mayweather would beat all imo, the guy who would give him the most trouble at 154 would be Forrest tho imo. He beat a prime Mosley twice and outboxed him and Mayweather aint that much better than prime Mosley.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Mayweather Jr vs Manny Pacquiao at 130lbs - Pacquiao has him in some trouble towards the end of the fight, maybe even puts him down, byt Mayweather survives and wins a comprehensive UD.

Mayweather Jr vs Juan Diaz at 135 lbs - Nate Campbell outboxed him, so Floyd would too. Mayweather by a wide UD.

Mayweather Jr vs Ricky Hatton at 140lbs - Floyd looked so massively impressive against Arturo Gatti who came forward all fight, Hatton would do to. Mayweather by kayo in 10.

Mayweather Jr vs Cory spinks at 154lbs - Mayweather by a razor thin UD, Spinks would frustrate PBF all night but Mayweather would do just enough for the decision.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts