Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1262 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty Boy stops Hatton in ten

Floyd Mayweather TKO10 Ricky Hatton... Floyd Mayweather knocked Ricky Hatton out in the tenth round to win the battle of undefeated world champions in Las Vegas on Saturday. Hatton briefly staggered Mayweather in the first round and kept the fight close for a few rounds with his mauling style, but Mayweather soon adapted to Hatton's style and wound up beating him at his own game. In the tenth, Mayweather, with his back to the ropes, landed a left hook and jumped out of the way so quickly that Hatton's head crashed into the ringpost as he stumbled forward, then dropped to the canvas. Hatton beat the count but his legs were completely gone, and a few more Mayweather punches sent him reeling to the ground. Before Hatton was done falling, however, referee Joe Cortez stopped the fight, and Hatton's corner waved a towel. Mayweather lead on the official scorecards by wide margins at the time of the stoppage. Earlier, Cortez unnecessarily inserted himself into the scoring by penalizing Hatton a point for throwing a punch at the back of Mayweather's head, even though the punch didn't land. However, there was absolutely no contorversy in the result and Mayweather remains the world welterweight champion and pound-for-pound king of the sport. Afterwards, Mayweather said he was taking a long break from the sport, which would leave big money fights with Shane Mosley and Miguel Cotto on the table. Hatton, who still has a claim to the world 140-pound championship, took the mic afterwards and apologized to the largely British audience. source: hbo ppv

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i can understand you being a hatton fan, your from the uk. welcome aboard mate. This is a superfight with 2 superstars, but its almost a mismatch if you think about it. I know you guys will hate me now for saying this and will have all the righ to flame me if im wrong but this fight is money in the bank for floyd.

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
1,000 Posts
TysonJones said:
We now know that the fight will take place in las vegas most likely. Floyd by tko.
It would be sweet if Ricky Hatton knocked Floyd Mayweather Jr. out on his ass on his home soil in the United States of America at the place known as Las Vegas! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think Hatton will give everyone a big surprise and make a hell of a fight of it actually. He'll lose a close UD, and some people will dispute it i think.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as many hatton fans as they're are, they would dispute it even if floyd won every round. Thats jut the way boxing goes, thats why i see mayweather making it impossible for people to dispute it by knocking him out.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mayweather BY U.D OVER HATTON.
HE IS VERY FAST FOR HATTON,I THINK MAYWEATHER GOING TO WIN EASILY,THAT MY OPINION.

·
Registered
118 Posts
TysonJones said:
i can understand you being a hatton fan, your from the uk. welcome aboard mate. This is a superfight with 2 superstars, but its almost a mismatch if you think about it. I know you guys will hate me now for saying this and will have all the righ to flame me if im wrong but this fight is money in the bank for floyd.
cheers for the welcome but I will have to disagree. I don't think it will be a mis-match and De la Hoya caught Mayweather early with some flurrys. With Hattons power, I think he can make the opportunities he gets pay.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
floyd easily beat judah after the fourth round. i gave him every round after that. i scored it 9 rounds to 3 for floyd. As for hattons power. yes he has good 140 power but oscar hits much harder than this hatton guy.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol come on Oscar's stamina for the fight was ridiculous, he could only work hard for 30 seconds each round and knew that so he tried to win the judges with eye-catching flurries. Hatton would land a hell of a lot more because hes probably faster at this point and he'll work and hunt Floyd down for 12 rounds.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hattons stamina isnt half of what floyds is. stamina wont be an issue because if hatton gest tired, floyd will do his damage.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
hattons stamina isnt half of what floyds is. stamina wont be an issue because if hatton gest tired, floyd will do his damage.
i agree floyds stamina is awesome, but so is hattons. stamina wont come into it in this fight, both guys are 2 of the fittest boxers alive.

·
Registered
652 Posts
This is a fight I'm really looking forward to. The build-up, press conferences, the tension, the atmosphere of the fight and of course the fight itself. This is a SuperFight.

1 - 20 of 1262 Posts