Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Richard Schaefer, CEO of Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, walked over to press row after "Sugar" Shane Mosley knocked out Ricardo Mayorga with one second left in their super welterweight fight Saturday at Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.

Speaking with Tim Smith of the New York Daily News and yours truly, Schaefer was asked what is next for Mosley. Mosley has been calling out welterweight champion Antonio Margarito. But Margarito's promoter, Bob Arum, last week said that Mosley would have to wait until Margarito fights a rematch with Miguel Cotto in June.

Schaefer has another plan. He said he is going to speak with Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe, both of whom are advisers for the "retired" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"We're going to make them an indecent proposal for Mayweather," Schaefer said, with a sly grin.

Well, we reached Ellerbe on Wednesday and his response was not very encouraging.

"My only comment is Floyd Mayweather is retired from the sport of boxing and he is not thinking about Shane Mosley or anybody else, for that matter," Ellerbe said.

Ellerbe was asked what Mayweather has been up to.

"He is spending a lot of time with his family, taking care of a lot of business and that's about it," Ellerbe said. "He's been busy."

When told that boxing could use Mayweather, Ellerbe came with a light, yet wicked, laugh.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
You can imagine my excitement when I saw the title of this article :D. I would still love to see this fight. However I don't think it'll ever happen :(.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Shane Mosley vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr?

Richard Schaefer, CEO of Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, walked over to press row after "Sugar" Shane Mosley knocked out Ricardo Mayorga with one second left in their super welterweight fight Saturday at Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.

Speaking with Tim Smith of the New York Daily News and yours truly, Schaefer was asked what is next for Mosley. Mosley has been calling out welterweight champion Antonio Margarito. But Margarito's promoter, Bob Arum, last week said that Mosley would have to wait until Margarito fights a rematch with Miguel Cotto in June.

Schaefer has another plan. He said he is going to speak with Al Haymon and Leonard Ellerbe, both of whom are advisers for the "retired" Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"We're going to make them an indecent proposal for Mayweather," Schaefer said, with a sly grin.

Well, we reached Ellerbe on Wednesday and his response was not very encouraging.

"My only comment is Floyd Mayweather is retired from the sport of boxing and he is not thinking about Shane Mosley or anybody else, for that matter," Ellerbe said.

Ellerbe was asked what Mayweather has been up to.

"He is spending a lot of time with his family, taking care of a lot of business and that's about it," Ellerbe said. "He's been busy."

When told that boxing could use Mayweather, Ellerbe came with a light, yet wicked, laugh.
Thats just the point Boxing does NOT need prima donnas like Mayfeather.
Since he's been retired there has been no pathetic whining from him. Except the totally ridiculous racial allegations against HBO wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhh wahhhhhhhhhh

G

·
Again, Mayweather is retired, i genuinley believe he is. not much to discuss really.

Said in another thread i would love to of seen these to in the same ring, but not this shane, hes got old and not near the fighter he was. Mayweather would win this fair convicningly.

Mayweather V Prime Mosely is a totally different fight though.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Uhh Yeah.... Thats what I said.

Mosley would lose a pretty big UD at this point.
I agree.

Thats just the point Boxing does NOT need prima donnas like Mayfeather.
Since he's been retired there has been no pathetic whining from him. Except the totally ridiculous racial allegations against HBO
Go cry in the corner.

Again, Mayweather is retired, i genuinley believe he is. not much to discuss really.

Said in another thread i would love to of seen these to in the same ring, but not this shane, hes got old and not near the fighter he was. Mayweather would win this fair convicningly.

Mayweather V Prime Mosely is a totally different fight though.
Of course he's retired, but all fighters come out of retirement, mayweather is no exception.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Mayweather V Prime Mosley is a totally different fight though.
Definitely. If this fight had happened a couple of years ago it would have definitely been a contender for FOTY.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Damn in the article Ellerbe clearly said there's no way this fight happens. Why would Floyd turn down Oscar to take less against a more dangerous opponent?

G

·
Of course he's retired, but all fighters come out of retirement, mayweather is no exception.
He already has and has gone back into retirement.

Look, the man has made more money than he could dream off, he doesnt want to fight anymore, he has no interest,its a damn shame hes gone but thats what i think has happened.

The sooner boxing fans move on and stop thinking hes coming back every second month the better. Floyd has moved on, everyone else has to now:thumbsup:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn in the article Ellerbe clearly said there's no way this fight happens. Why would Floyd turn down Oscar to take less against a more dangerous opponent?
Eh, I'm not looking into much of what Ellerbe said. The Mayweathers and Ellerbe have said alot of things, doesn't necessarily make them true.

Margarito needs to fight Williams. Not Cotto.
Thats for damn sure.

He been ducking Margarito since the day he was born
Who the **** are you?

He already has and has gone back into retirement.

Look, the man has made more money than he could dream off, he doesnt want to fight anymore, he has no interest,its a damn shame hes gone but thats what i think has happened.

The sooner boxing fans move on and stop thinking hes coming back every second month the better. Floyd has moved on, everyone else has to now:thumbsup:
LOL, He'll be back, I'll bet you quite a bit of points on it as well. Name your price. I know I'll win.

G

·
Ive only got 1200 points lance, but ill take your bet for all my points. will we put it in the bet thread thing?

Im a gobshite for dumb bets :laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ive only got 1200 points lance, but ill take your bet for all my points. will we put it in the bet thread thing?

Im a gobshite for dumb bets :laugh:
I'll put up 1.2 million to your 1.2 thousand. Put it up.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
You guys that think he WONT come back are WRONG :D

Think about it, according to the post it seems as if a ridiculous amount of money would be offered and tbh Mosley did not impress me as much as I thought. It was ugly and he wasn't able to showcase his full arsenal in that fight IMO but we all know Floyd was watching and who knows, he couldve been on his couch thinking " I could whip Mosley's ass bad right now".

1 - 20 of 70 Posts