Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone now if mayweather is going to fight again. there hasnt been much talk about him since the hatton fight. does anyone know anytihn?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Floyd was expected to fight a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya in September, but unexpectadly announced his retirement in May/June time. It seems he isn't interested in boxing for the moment, but its highly likely he'll return to the ring in 2009.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no way cotto would be able to beat floyd, cottos foot work and hand speed is to slow to beat floyd.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
no way cotto would be able to beat floyd, cottos foot work and hand speed is to slow to beat floyd.
Don't underestimate cotto's handspeed and footspeed. He had no problem with shane mosley, who is faster handed than mayweather. I however think floyd will most likely defeat cotto when they fight. And yes, Mayweather will fight again.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I like Shane (I'm talking about Mosley not the lame admin :D) but he doesn't have faster hands than Floyd. He has more power though. I honestly think Floyd would beat Cotto but he would have to dig deep. Cotto would take him somewhere he's never been. That might be the toughest fight of Floyd's career (skill-wise and physically-wise).

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I like Shane (I'm talking about Mosley not the lame admin :D) but he doesn't have faster hands than Floyd. He has more power though. I honestly think Floyd would beat Cotto but he would have to dig deep. Cotto would take him somewhere he's never been. That might be the toughest fight of Floyd's career (skill-wise and physically-wise).
He doesnt have the releflex of floyd, or the quick counterpunching of floyd, but he does still have faster hands imo. Floyd has a quicker 1 punch, but not 5 punch.

You're right. Mosley is not as fast as he used to be. In his prime I think he was faster than Floyd.
Top 3 p4p fastest ever was Mosley.

·
Registered
326 Posts
We Floyd is really fast, but Tyson is referring to 2, 3, 4 punch combos, in that department Mosley is the man. Floyd is a counterpuncher, but Cotto received good hits from Judah and Mosley who have more power that Floyd, that means Cotto will be a long night for Floyd, specially since he has developed a good jab.

I want them both to fight dang !, but first, my man Cotto has to beat Iron head Margz

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
You're right. Mosley is not as fast as he used to be. In his prime I think he was faster than Floyd.
In reflexes and foot speed Floyd takes it. Floyd is no slouch with hand speed (though he use to be faster), with hand speed Mosley is one of the fastest ever to lace the gloves.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts