Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Floyd Mayweather Jr. has had a run of bad luck since announcing his retirement a few months ago. Last week we reported that $ 7 million dollars in jewelry was stolen from one of Mayweather's Las Vegas homes, and now it appears that Mayweather is being sued for a few more million by a Florida developer.

According to TMZ, Mayweather is being sued for defaulting on a partial payment for a new home that he agreed to purchase in Miami, Florida. Mayweather agreed to buy the home for $8.5 million back in June, and was scheduled to pay a $1.7 million dollar partial down payment, but never came through. Mayweather's people claimed to the Florida developer that payment was made, but there is no record/proof of the money being sent or received.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
You guys know the drill...word of anything bad that happens to F**** M********* J* is music to my ears. May he have continued misfortune.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever gets him back fighting is good with me. Rich people will always be targetted though from people who want to scam money off of them.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Karma is a bitch :)

Get back to the ring Floyd :) You will keep losing money until you fight Margarito or Cotto :D

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Lawyer fees never stop, when your in the public eye. His spending annoys me, even after seeing SRR, Louis, Tyson, etc. lose most to all of there money he insists spending like some chick from the clueless movie.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Lawyer fees never stop, when your in the public eye. His spending annoys me, even after seeing SRR, Louis, Tyson, etc. lose most to all of there money he insists spending like some chick from the clueless movie.
He'll end up worse than Tyson wait and see. Creep needs to pay his bills doesnt he or at least get himself staff he can trust to pay them.
I personally do not want to see him come back to boxing its better off without him. Thats another thing that narks him too, NOONE has begged him to come back but rabid mayweather fans

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He'll end up worse than Tyson wait and see. Creep needs to pay his bills doesnt he or at least get himself staff he can trust to pay them.
I personally do not want to see him come back to boxing its better off without him. Thats another thing that narks him too, NOONE has begged him to come back but rabid mayweather fans
How can someone get worse off that Tyson? No one has begged him to come back because everyone knows he will be.

When your worth hundred of millions of dollars. It'll be hard to find any staff member or anyone around that can be trusted. Money causes people to do things they normally wouldn't. As an older man, I thought you may be a little wiser about this. I do agree Floyd should manage his money a little better. And having 7 million dollars in jewley in his house isn't a good idea. But at the same time. If he payed the florida realitor and the guy is just straight lieing, Whats floyd to do about that?

·
8,579 Posts
How can someone get worse off that Tyson? No one has begged him to come back because everyone knows he will be.

When your worth hundred of millions of dollars. It'll be hard to find any staff member or anyone around that can be trusted. Money causes people to do things they normally wouldn't. As an older man, I thought you may be a little wiser about this. I do agree Floyd should manage his money a little better. And having 7 million dollars in jewley in his house isn't a good idea. But at the same time. If he payed the florida realitor and the guy is just straight lieing, Whats floyd to do about that?
Tyson seems to be happy enough these days as he said himself " I had a ball spending several fortunes, what I wanted I had"
One point . How does anyone really know Floyd had $7 mil worth of jewellery in his home. It could be an insurance scam . And surely Floyd would have a cancelled check or receipt for that money he paid the realtor for proof
You talk about people scamming, here in the city of Jackson F.E.M.A were giving out checks for refugees from hurricane gustave to buy gas to get home to New Orleans. They caught 3 or 4 people who were holding their hands out for $$$ they lived in an apt complex not two blocks away

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tyson seems to be happy enough these days as he said himself " I had a ball spending several fortunes, what I wanted I had"
One point . How does anyone really know Floyd had $7 mil worth of jewellery in his home. It could be an insurance scam . And surely Floyd would have a cancelled check or receipt for that money he paid the realtor for proof
You talk about people scamming, here in the city of Jackson F.E.M.A were giving out checks for refugees from hurricane gustave to buy gas to get home to New Orleans. They caught 3 or 4 people who were holding their hands out for $$$ they lived in an apt complex not two blocks away
Have you ever seen floyds episode of MTV cribs? You can see a few million dollars of jewelry laying out. So I couldnt say it was a scam, especially when he has about 193 more million.

I agree, Tyson does seem happy with himself. And I enjoyed seeing him on E60 not to long ago.

I can't really speak on Floyd paying the realtor or not. There does seem to be on record of it. But records can easily be wiped clean from the inside. You don't write a check for 1.7 million dollars either.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

Couldn't get any truer than that

·
8,579 Posts
Have you ever seen floyds episode of MTV cribs? You can see a few million dollars of jewelry laying out. So I couldnt say it was a scam, especially when he has about 193 more million.

I agree, Tyson does seem happy with himself. And I enjoyed seeing him on E60 not to long ago.

I can't really speak on Floyd paying the realtor or not. There does seem to be on record of it. But records can easily be wiped clean from the inside. You don't write a check for 1.7 million dollars either.
Do you remember a few years back someone working for Tyson stole his world title belts? Then the fool advertised them on ebay LOL Mike got his belts back real quick. They say Bundini Brown stole and sold one of Ali's too. Ali forgave him

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts

And I thoug he was supposed to be a smart bussiness man, sounds to me like it was all word of mouth and no actual contractr was signed, plus no money should go directly to the realtor except maybe a reasonable deposit,everything else is handle by the bank, he should get himself a realstate attorney and cover his ass....

That's true that's the part that sounds fishy, if anything on a propherty that expensive the intrested buyer usually gives a reasonable deposit something like maybe 10 grand, the bank handels the rest, probably the realtor got all excited and though it was a done deal ,then Floyd changed his mind...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Floyd Mayweather Jr. has had a run of bad luck since announcing his retirement a few months ago. Last week we reported that $ 7 million dollars in jewelry was stolen from one of Mayweather's Las Vegas homes, and now it appears that Mayweather is being sued for a few more million by a Florida developer.

According to TMZ, Mayweather is being sued for defaulting on a partial payment for a new home that he agreed to purchase in Miami, Florida. Mayweather agreed to buy the home for $8.5 million back in June, and was scheduled to pay a $1.7 million dollar partial down payment, but never came through. Mayweather's people claimed to the Florida developer that payment was made, but there is no record/proof of the money being sent or received.
Read this earlier. Couldn't care less. What cracks me up is that Floyd could take a ****, and it would be on boxingscene the next day.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Read this earlier. Couldn't care less. What cracks me up is that Floyd could take a ****, and it would be on boxingscene the next day.
I dont either man. But its a good topic to get traffic.

And I thoug he was supposed to be a smart bussiness man, sounds to me like it was all word of mouth and no actual contractr was signed, plus no money should go directly to the realtor except maybe a reasonable deposit,everything else is handle by the bank, he should get himself a realstate attorney and cover his ass....

That's true that's the part that sounds fishy, if anything on a propherty that expensive the intrested buyer usually gives a reasonable deposit something like maybe 10 grand, the bank handels the rest, probably the realtor got all excited and though it was a done deal ,then Floyd changed his mind...:laugh:
Most banks won't cash or even take a million dollar check seriously. The entire thing is fishy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm. Well I only say this because a bank can only insure $100,000. Not saying people can't write million dollar checks. Just saying it's a bit of a stretch in this case.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts