1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is different. That clip was only to show Lance the chain he was wearing after he beat Oscar. These videos are much different.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
floyd speaks what every boxer wants to talk like but doesnt because he is afraid it will hurt his image. floyd is alot like me, he doesnt care what others think, and isnt going to change for anyone. Got to respect a man who isnt gonna change for people, like oscar.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol Floyd just tries to be ghetto:laugh: Its so pathetic as well because its obvious he aint ghetto... nobody from the ghetto has ever been called Floyd lol:laugh: He seems a pretty nice guy though when he takes of the hard man act, and hes talented so he can get away with being a bit cocky;)

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Ive never liked him because he is a loud mouth and is very, very cocky. Also when he stole Oscar's gym bag. I know it was supposed to be funny, but I didn't think it was. I don't mind when people are dead serious and speak the truth normaly, or even joke around a little, but I don't like it when they are always joking around and talking trash/being a loud mouth.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LeedsLad said:
lol Floyd just tries to be ghetto:laugh: Its so pathetic as well because its obvious he aint ghetto... nobody from the ghetto has ever been called Floyd lol:laugh: He seems a pretty nice guy though when he takes of the hard man act, and hes talented so he can get away with being a bit cocky;)
He is from a one bedroom house raised with 7 siblings in the same room. His dad sold his mother drugs when he was 11-13. He lived in the ghetto, but I guess not by your definition. He dropped out of highschool at the age of 16 to pursue boxing and to get his mother and siblings out of the "ghetto."

Lance, I totally agree. He is as far from fake as they get. He gives you the opposite aspect of the Floyd from 24/7 in those videos. Well worth watching IMO. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bill1234 said:
Ive never liked him because he is a loud mouth and is very, very cocky. Also when he stole Oscar's gym bag. I know it was supposed to be funny, but I didn't think it was. I don't mind when people are dead serious and speak the truth normaly, or even joke around a little, but I don't like it when they are always joking around and talking trash/being a loud mouth.
You should be able to relate to Ali's comments. If it's true it ain't talking trash or being cocky. He can talk all he wants until someone beats him. There is another video all about the gym bag, and it is funny as hell. Floyd was just trying to get Oscar mad, and he did. Oscar, for the first time, looked his opponent (Floyd) in the eyes when they met in the center of the ring before the fight for the first time ever. He usually stairs up into the sky. Floyd really got to Oscar and it was awesome. Great videos. Oh and that first little kid has some speed!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ive not even watched the videos because i know for a fact that floyd doesn't speak the truth like this thread states he does, he's a hypocrite and does nothing but controdicte himself!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
If I ever catch my son talking like Floyd, I'll be whooping his a$$. It's called immaturity.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
ill take floyds true self over oscars fake ass anyday. all the greats have a little personality. jones was cocky, ali was cocky, floyd is cocky, although mosley isnt the cockiest with his mouth, he sure as hell is one of the most cockiest guys ive ever seen. lets see, sugar ray leonard was cocky, robinson was cocky, and let me tell you seomthing about robinson, if robinson had a cold before i fight, he would reschedule the thing, if he wasnt making the right bout, he would call the fight off 10 minutes before it startd. i guess you can love them or hate them , but i would much rather see someones true self than someone putting on a dang act like some do.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You should be able to relate to Ali's comments. If it's true it ain't talking trash or being cocky. He can talk all he wants until someone beats him. There is another video all about the gym bag, and it is funny as hell. Floyd was just trying to get Oscar mad, and he did. Oscar, for the first time, looked his opponent (Floyd) in the eyes when they met in the center of the ring before the fight for the first time ever. He usually stairs up into the sky. Floyd really got to Oscar and it was awesome. Great videos. Oh and that first little kid has some speed!

I don't like Ali for those simple reasons either. I like the quite and truthful guys that speak their mind like Marciano, Holmes, or Arguello.

·
Registered
49 Posts
who gives a crap if he or any boxer is cocky. he gets his stuff done in the ring, that is his job. there is to much time wasted bout personality. his mouth builds up fight and it keeps us talking about him, so its serving its purpose. in this sport you dont want to hear a fight build up of a bunch of crap like, "hes a good boxer and he more than likely will beat me. its boxing for goodness sake. they are going in there to hurt eachother, not knit sweaters.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
keithkeller said:
who gives a crap if he or any boxer is cocky. he gets his stuff done in the ring, that is his job. there is to much time wasted bout personality. his mouth builds up fight and it keeps us talking about him, so its serving its purpose. in this sport you dont want to hear a fight build up of a bunch of crap like, "hes a good boxer and he more than likely will beat me. its boxing for goodness sake. they are going in there to hurt eachother, not knit sweaters.
First off. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Secondly you are 100% correct. Thrid, you are my favorite newbie. Damn nice post, that is absoultely correct.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
keithkeller said:
I give a crap cuz what comes out of his mouth is BS. I am a fan of boxing and if I don't like what a guys says before his fight I will express that. There is a difference between being confident and being disrespectful which Floyd is. If that is the type of fighter you like, more power to you. And if it builds up fights, how come by himself he is lucky to get 300K buys? If they are good fighters, they don't need a big ass mouth to sell the fight. Their fists and heart will do that for them.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
First off. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Secondly you are 100% correct. Thrid, you are my favorite newbie. Damn nice post, that is absoultely correct.
Keith, don't feel special. Anyone that backs Floyd is his favorite.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KNUCKLE UP said:
I give a crap cuz what comes out of his mouth is BS. I am a fan of boxing and if I don't like what a guys says before his fight I will express that. There is a difference between being confident and being disrespectful which Floyd is. If that is the type of fighter you like, more power to you. And if it builds up fights, how come by himself he is lucky to get 300K buys? If they are good fighters, they don't need a big ass mouth to sell the fight. Their fists and heart will do that for them.
And he just keeps on winning. Damn I love the hate. Oh and Keith, anyone who says anything positive about Floyd can expect near instant rebuttal from KnuckleUp. :)

·
Registered
205 Posts
what do these videos have to do with his boxing "ahem" skills??? **** his personality, real or fake. I want to see him get in the ring and really FIGHT. Fight a real fight. Not for his record, not for money, but to show us that he really is as good as he says he is. Self proclaimed greatness is not greatness.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
robinson,ali,mosley arent hypocrites though, cocky yes, hypocrites no!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
marciano retired because he was afraid of getting beat and ruining his record, many say that is what floyd is doing, marciano still had alot to prove when he retired, there were a whole bunch of up and coming heavy's at that time. Good post keith. im surprised you like holmes so much saying that marciano couldnt hold his jockstrap, but i guess holmes was speaking the truth eh bill? holmes was just as cokcy as all the others. arguello was a great fighter but he got beat twice by an even better fighter in pryor, who was cocky to but he got the job done. I could care less honestly, as long as they fight in the ring and prove themselves. Whne it comes down to it, they all get bigheaded. We all would too, if you deny that, your a liar.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts