Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, we get some NFL action. I mean, its still preseason, but its something. being from Philly, my team is obviously the Eagles. If McNabb stays healthy we should walk away with the NFC east. Lost a little at WR this year, and after the release of Trotter, I'm unsure about the linebacking situation. Hopefully we'll get to the NFC championship again, and possibly the superbowl.

Who are your teams, and what do you expect of them this year?

For those of you who dont watch or care about football, may God have mercy on your soul.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I follow NFL a little but i lose touch with the going's on during the off-season.

My team is Baltimore Raven, iv always liked Ray Lewis lol hes a nutcase:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
gridiron sucks. :cheeky4:

real football rules!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
The Dallas Cowboys are taking the Bowl this year! Romo is going to have a breakout year, and TO will have the best year of every WR. DeMarcus Ware is going to be slamming McNabb's ass both games. It will be between Dallas and Philly for the East though. A healthy McNabb is in the top 5 QB's easily, and I had him on my fantasy team last year! He single-handidly won me my first 5 games. I won the superbowl as well. We're going 11-5 baby!

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
The Dallas Cowboys are taking the Bowl this year! Romo is going to have a breakout year, and TO will have the best year of every WR. DeMarcus Ware is going to be slamming McNabb's ass both games. It will be between Dallas and Philly for the East though. A healthy McNabb is in the top 5 QB's easily, and I had him on my fantasy team last year! He single-handidly won me my first 5 games. I won the superbowl as well. We're going 11-5 baby!
I dont know about 11 wins, MAYBE 10 if you're lucky. Its all going to hinge on Romo this year. If he can perform well, you should get to 10 wins...and get the wildcard ;)

IF Mcnabb stays healthy, they should have an 11 -5 season. I completely agree with you about McNabb. He's in the top 3 in QB's.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TommyGunn said:
gridiron sucks. :cheeky4:

real football rules!!
Everywhere else in the world, I completely agree. But in the USA, we live the other 6 months of the year just for this time. Theres no sport that rivals its popularity over here. Not even Baseball.

I dont watch much futbol because there isnt much on tv over here, but when World Cup rolls around, its pretty special. I love watching the World Cup.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Captainobvious said:
Everywhere else in the world, I completely agree. But in the USA, we live the other 6 months of the year just for this time. Theres no sport that rivals its popularity over here. Not even Baseball.

I dont watch much futbol because there isnt much on tv over here, but when World Cup rolls around, its pretty special. I love watching the World Cup.
Same here. I can't stand watching soccer unless it is the world cup. I watched every televised game from the last world cup.

Back to football. The Cowboys vs. Patriots game is at home and on my birthday October 14th, and I can't wait to go to that one. We stomped the Colts last year, and will do the same to ol' Tom Brady this year! P.S. Romo will lead us to 11-5 and 2-0 vs. Philly :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Oh you're one of THOSE guys. You guys crack me up. You have no team that you root for, so you only chose to root against the most well known team in football history. You guys are like the people who hate Mayweather, and its funny.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yep, but they really do have more fans than any other team in the NFL. So we only have one Eagle fan, a Cowboy fan, one Cowboy anti-fan, and a bunch of soccer playing queers huh? LOL;)

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Oh you're one of THOSE guys. You guys crack me up. You have no team that you root for, so you only chose to root against the most well known team in football history. You guys are like the people who hate Mayweather, and its funny.
Oh I know you're not talking. Cowboys fans are the type that talk all the smack in the world, then their team loses and they fall back on the "yeah, but look how many rings we have". That shyt always pisses me off. Live in the present.

And I completely agree with that whole "americas team" statement. What a load of crap. Why, because they have a "star" on their helmet. Get the hell out of here.:mad:

No offense to you personally Shane, cause your cool as hell, but Cowboy fans in general (at least around my way) are straight up cock-a-roaches.

Oh, and I'll be realistic and say the Eagles and Cowboys will likely split. Thats usually the way it ends up anyways.:cool:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There are so many Cowboy fans because there a bunch of front running, band wagon jumping flakes that act like they know something about football. It was the same thing with the 49ers when they won a string of SB's, and then it was Dallas' turn. If you're an actual Dallas TX resident than I give you respect, but the fake fans around the country who dont root for their home team burn me up. What, because you like the colors in their jerseys you little girls.
It takes not guts to root for a winner. It takes heart and loyalt to stick with your hometeam through thick and thin. I cant stand those fake fans.
Obviously you're not one of them, being FROM Dallas, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

I'd be pissed if the birds won and than all of these clowns started popping up trying to claim my Eagles as their own. They havent "earned" it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. I used to live with an Eagles "fan" who loved them until McNabb got hurt and then started rooting for the Steelers. It drove me nuts. I've been through the dirt with the cowboys. No playoff win in the past ten years dammmit. I really think this year we are going to bust out. I wouldn't disagree with us splitting with you guys, but we'll see. I just hope McNabb stays healthy so its fair. Also, I love watching him play. Class act as well. Well, as soon as we play eachother we can start the trashtalking for real!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I am very glad that he is gone. He is too damn conservative as well as predictable. I could literally guess the play we would run at about an 80% success rate. We would get a 7 point lead and then run the ball on every down. He drove me crazy with his play calling.

Now, I loved listening to him during the press conferences. He was absolutely hilarious, and would make stupid people who ask stupid questions look StuPID! Wade Phillips is going to open this monster up.

On MIke and Mike this morning Golic picked the superbowl to be San Diego vs. Dallas and Greeney picked it to be the ever-popular Patriots vs. Saints. Go Cowboys.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts