Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who should Toney fight?

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's next for James Toney? He definitely wants Wlad or Peter but Haye is out there...Arreola at the end of the year is possible...what do you think he should do?

G

·
I want him to fight Haye but will he be able to be ready for October at this stage of his career? The fact that he only went 3 rounds with Rahman is an advantage but I don't think he'd be 100% after 3 months.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I also want Toney to fight Haye but he seems like a man on a mission...he says he's a changed man...I guess we'll see...the glimpses I saw from Toney makes me believe that Haye will have his hands full if they met

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I voted for Haye. That's the only HW fight I would be pumped for. If not Haye Toney should fight Ronald McDonald.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Not me, A smart fighter alone would beat klitschko. It doesnt get much smarter than toney. He will fold under pressue. If Pavlik put on 40 pounds, I'd favor him to ko klitschko. Klitschko is there to be taken by anyone who can slightly punch and will pressure him. And dont worry about toney or pavlik taking klitschko's shot, Klitschko doesnt throw when he's been pressured.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I disagree. Toney has to get inside to fight guys like Klit. I don't think he'd be able to get his shitt going that well inside against Wlad. I'd love to see Toney smoke him though.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree he's fight him inside. I dont really think that would be a problem though. We'll have to see though, I'd love to see toney smoke him. The toney that beat evander would destroy wlad.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I love how people are overrating Toney... again! How many drug tests must this man fail? How many horrible performances must he deliver so that you guys will stop cheering everytime he opens his fat stupid mouth? Toney has never won a heavyweight title and never will. Toney is old news and i really wish you guys wouldnt get your hopes high since he will only dissapoint you guys.... again.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I love how people are overrating Toney... again! How many drug tests must this man fail? How many horrible performances must he deliver so that you guys will stop cheering everytime he opens his fat stupid mouth? Toney has never won a heavyweight title and never will. Toney is old news and i really wish you guys wouldnt get your hopes high since he will only dissapoint you guys.... again.
Nor am I, but this man is an ATG, and he still has what it takes with the state of the heavyweight division. Steroids didnt help him defeat evander or ruiz, they just made his body look better.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I wasnt impressed with Toney over Rahman, and I didnt see the "great" condition anytime.

I wouldnt pick him against Wlad, and as boring as Klitschko is, he is a good fighter and Toney is old, heavy, too short and style-wise I dont think he can beat Klitschko.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Toney is not a atg lol, the guy has done nothing! His biggest win is a one shot wonder over Michael Nunn who was schooling his ass and a victory over a old Holyfield. All he has ever done is look good against not so good opponents.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Toney is not a atg lol, the guy has done nothing! His biggest win is a one shot wonder over Michael Nunn who was schooling his ass and a victory over a old Holyfield. All he has ever done is look good against not so good opponents.
No comment, I disagree completely. 80 fights alone speaks for itselfs in todays age.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Ok I'm sure of it. Wlad smashes him. Toney was taking shots from Rahman, and he is garbage. I really don't understand the sudden Toney belief. NOBODY was talking about him before the Rahman rematch, and now all of a sudden he can beat Vlad? Come on now.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts