Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could be wrong... but did these two ever fight? I don't think they did... my boxing knowledge may be way off key here but... I don't recall these two ever going at it in the squared circle! If they did... what happened?

IF THEY DIDN'T... it's a perfect topic for discussion! Who would you say would win? Back in the day when it was 15 rounds... I reckon Frazier would have the power but Norton would have the speed! Both were DESTROYED by George Foreman... but I reckon Frazier would want it more than Ken Norton.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Joe and Kenny never had an official fight but they sparred many rounds. They were good friends and swore they would never fight each other.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Frazier-Norton

Joe and Kenny never had an official fight but they sparred many rounds. They were good friends and swore they would never fight each other.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
White Tyson said:
I could be wrong... but did these two ever fight? I don't think they did... my boxing knowledge may be way off key here but... I don't recall these two ever going at it in the squared circle! If they did... what happened?

IF THEY DIDN'T... it's a perfect topic for discussion! Who would you say would win? Back in the day when it was 15 rounds... I reckon Frazier would have the power but Norton would have the speed! Both were DESTROYED by George Foreman... but I reckon Frazier would want it more than Ken Norton.:D
I swear to god I thinking about that last night!!! But my vote would go to Frazier by 15 round decision. Norton was Frazier's top sparring partner and they knew each others tricks. It would probably be an all out war like Holmes and Norton.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bill1234 said:
I swear to god I thinking about that last night!!! But my vote would go to Frazier by 15 round decision. Norton was Frazier's top sparring partner and they knew each others tricks. It would probably be an all out war like Holmes and Norton.
So they never ever fought? WOW!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
Yep, they never fought. They are just about the only two in the 70's that didn't fight at least once!
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bill1234 said:
Yep, they never fought. They are just about the only two in the 70's that didn't fight at least once!
It would have been one hell of a match I tell yeah... it would so have gone 15 rounds... I'm sure of that!:D
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bill1234 said:
Yeah it would, but it would be one action packed 15 rounds!
Do you think there would have been any knockdowns... or would both fighters be able to withstand the punishment and stay on their feet for the whole entire duration of the 15 rounds?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
They might hit the canvas but for the most part they would be punshin.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bill1234 said:
They might hit the canvas but for the most part they would be punshin.
How much quicker do you think Ken Norton would be???:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
286 Posts
I don't see either of these guys going 15., On any given day they could have beat each other since they knew one another so well. If I had to I would give Joe the slight edge.......
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,662 Posts
It would go 15 rounds because both had heart, and both were very strong.
 

·
The Maul Brawling Slugger
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bill1234 said:
It would go 15 rounds because both had heart, and both were very strong.
Joe would've been stronger... Norton the faster! :D
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top