Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

Trainer Freddie Roach, who worked the corner of Bernard Hopkins last Saturday, feels the Philadelphia fighter should retire before he gets hurt. Hopkins lost a split-decision verdict to Joe Calzaghe, but has a possible rematch on the table with Felix Trinidad. Promoter Don King recently contacted Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer to discuss a Hopkins-Trinidad rematch.

Roach voiced the opinion that Hopkins needs to focus on his future health, forget about Trinidad or making any other fight and call it a career.

"I'd tell him to retire," Roach told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "He's had a great career. At his age, he might be pushing the envelope a little too much. . . . He's not got anything to be ashamed of tonight or any night in his life. Forty-three? Shoot, I retired when I was 27."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think he should, Tito money maybe very tempting for him though.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He could take the Tito fight to end his career with a win. Although its pointless i wouldn't blame him for wanting to go out with a W.

I also think its time for Hopkins to retire, its probably the first time i recall Hopkins being tired and inactive in the championship rounds, where he usually comes on stronger.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont care to see another one sided destruction again, i dont care to see Tito above 160 again either.

If Nard fights again id like to see him execute Dawson then call it a day.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think it'll be Tito.

·
Registered
88 Posts
^^^^^
Yeah, probably. That's where the money is, but it hurts me to see a Tito fighting above 160lbs. I miss the Felix Trinidad of old.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Trinidad was a sensationally fighter at 147lbs. His left hook was devastating down there, its a shame he keeps on fighting and especially against Bernard. He'll get badly beaten again.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He needs to go out on a W, maybe fight Glen Johnson or someone like that. But Tito vs. B-Hop looks likely.
Hopkins won't get in there with a banger like Johnson. That wouldn't be an easy win like Trinidad.
i would hope bernard would show some mercy, and not even entertain any idea of fighting tito. he's cheapening his legacy after each dismal performance.
I'm a Hopkins fan more than a Tito fan. I'd like to see Hopkins go out with a win over anyone.

G

·
Bhop is my favourite fighter bar none however i dont really wanna see tito take a beating. he shouldnt fight above 160, infact i not even sure if i want to see Tito fight again, not in a bad way but just dont want him to get hurt.

Like i say Bhop is my boxing legend and as much as i want him to go out with a win, i dont want to see him going down the Holyfield route, losing to people he would never of lost to in his prime

·
Registered
707 Posts
your dead on Shane (for the first time ever) Hopkins has no business with Glenn Johnson. he should try Jeff Lacy he is a named guy but very beatable.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Trinidad was a sensationally fighter at 147lbs. His left hook was devastating down there, its a shame he keeps on fighting and especially against Bernard. He'll get badly beaten again.
Yeap that's the most likely scenario, but hey they're the ones asking for it so I say let them fight so they can both retire for good with some good $$$$$

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
By Mark Vester

Trainer Freddie Roach, who worked the corner of Bernard Hopkins last Saturday, feels the Philadelphia fighter should retire before he gets hurt. Hopkins lost a split-decision verdict to Joe Calzaghe, but has a possible rematch on the table with Felix Trinidad. Promoter Don King recently contacted Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer to discuss a Hopkins-Trinidad rematch.

Roach voiced the opinion that Hopkins needs to focus on his future health, forget about Trinidad or making any other fight and call it a career.

"I'd tell him to retire," Roach told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "He's had a great career. At his age, he might be pushing the envelope a little too much. . . . He's not got anything to be ashamed of tonight or any night in his life. Forty-three? Shoot, I retired when I was 27."

It was hardly an execution Tommy more like yet another Vegas assassination. But if Calzaghe fans are happy classing this injustice as a win for their hero so be it. Let the contraversy die now
I hope Bernard retires for good he's got nothing to prove to anyone
Real boxing fans know who REALLY won the Vegas injustices
Thanks for Everything Bernard

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Get over yourself and bhop CJ. Everyone else has excepted it. BHOP announced his retirement today I believe. But I think he'll get one more win and then retire.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Get over yourself and bhop CJ. Everyone else has excepted it. BHOP announced his retirement today I believe. But I think he'll get one more win and then retire.
Accepting and allowing the Vegas scoring injustices just allow the crooks to continue Its time people like Giampa,Ford & co were called to explain their ridiculous officiating

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.