Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to a recent article out by Roy Luarca for the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Manny Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach says after Pacquiao fights David Diaz, he will then fight Ricky Hatton.

Quoted by the publication, Roach stated: “After we win the 135-pound title, I see the next opportunity for us with Ricky Hatton. That’s a huge, huge fight for us.”

Roach says the fight would be so big that they would be willing to let the fight with Hatton occur on Hatton's turf, somewhere in England.

The publication utilized quotes obtained by Brad Cooney. Roach tells Cooney in regards to giving Hatton home advantage: “Yes, I think we would have to sacrifice that. The thing is when Hatton’s people came to Vegas, they had a great time over here, so it could go back to Vegas.”

Roach further added: “To all the Pacquiao fans, we are going for the 130lb title, the 135lb belt, and the 140lb belt. That’s our goal!”

By Johnny Benz

Seems like he's jumping the gun.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't see this fight happening

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want it to happen because Hatton has a few guys his own size he needs to face first but when has Roach lied to us?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
what a huge money fight this would be. I agree though, let Hatton take care of some business at 140 first. I think Manny's getting a little over his head here. then again, he was/is gonna fight DLH.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How sh*tty would it be if Pac lost to a lesser fighter because of a size difference. Hopefully he doesn't get blinded by $$$.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
How sh*tty would it be if Pac lost to a lesser fighter because of a size difference. Hopefully he doesn't get blinded by $$$.
there's a couple of fights out there for him right now at 135 but there not quite gonna be the size of hatton or de la hoya paycheck. the bad thing is he'll be looking at two more losses on his record if he goes for the money.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
It would be a good fight but Hatton is too big and strong for a small guy like Pac. I don't think Pac should go any higher than 135.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i agree as well,

any higher then 135 and pac-man will get a beating he might not ever shake off, he's just too small.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Wont happen.

Hatton will fight Lazcano, Malignaggi then Mayweather.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
as long as Ricky doesn't fight Oscar. That would be a dumb fight for Oscar to end on and I see it as abuse of his Golden Boy stable. To throw the money at a guy to step up TWO weight classes higher than he should be is not only ridiculous but also very dangeorus.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If Oscar really wants to go out with honor he should fight Vernon Forest, Cory Spinks or at least a guy at 154. He uses his star power too much to lure smaller men into fighting him for the big bucks.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
If Oscar really wants to go out with honor he should fight Vernon Forest, Cory Spinks or at least a guy at 154. He uses his star power too much to lure smaller men into fighting him for the big bucks.

he'd get demolished by Forrest so that isn't the path oscar wants.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Oscar is past his best but he still hangs with anyone at 147/154 IMO. Id give him a good shot of beating Vernon. Id still like to see him go out fighting Tito, he deserves to get vengence for that robbery.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oscar is past his best but he still hangs with anyone at 147/154 IMO. Id give him a good shot of beating Vernon. Id still like to see him go out fighting Tito, he deserves to get vengence for that robbery.
I would say Mosley but two loses doesn't justify a rubber match.
I don't think think Tito could make weight for even 160, he's looking fat these days.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I would say Mosley but two loses doesn't justify a rubber match.
I don't think think Tito could make weight for even 160, he's looking fat these days.
Tito is a natural skinny boy, if his lazy ass would train 160 should be easy for him to make.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts