Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you guys believe Freddy when he says he thinks Pacman can beat De la Hoya. Do you think Freddy really thinks Pac can beat DLH? Or do you think he is just saying this to hype the fight?

I personally think he really believes that Manny can beat DLH, cause of Pacman loses freddy will look like an IDIOT becuase of all the crap he has talked. especially if manny gets badly hurt.

so what do you guys think?

-Ian

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Roach really believes what he's saying (most of it at least), but like all humans he does have his doubts. Pacman does have a chance to beat Oscar, but it's minimal IMO. De La Hoya looked beatable against the smaller Forbes and Pacquiao won't stop throwing like Forbes did. Manny has a ton of what Oscar sometimes lacks: stamina and consistency.

A well prepared Oscar is hard to beat though, so I don't see him losing. I do see Pac winning the fight (or it being close) before getting knocked out.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
He really believes that Pacquiao can beat Oscar. Like Hector said, Oscar is going to get hit with a ton of punches, but I can't see any of them even coming close to hurting him. I expect a DLH knockout in a close fight on the cards. I just hope that Oscar doesn't carry Manny if he hurts him early. I'll have no problem with Oscar stopping him in the first few rounds.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Oscar better knock this cat out in under 6 rounds or as Nate Campbell said "he can kiss his legacy goodbye".

I'm starting to believe Roach is on to something when he says Oscar can't pull the trigger anymore. Even still, Pacman is WAAAAAAAY easier to hit than Steve Forbes. Should be easy work for Oscar.

G

·
Heck, If I can believe it, Manny's trainer better be able to. Roach saw De La Hoya fall apart in front of his eyes against Mayweather and Roac really thinks he can use that in the Pacquaio fight. I don't know exactly what happened but I know that I had Oscar up 58-55, then DLH went and lost the last 5 rounds on my scorecard to lose 115-113. If Roach knows exactly why that happened (and he says he does), I wouldn't be surprised if it happened again.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Of course he believes he can beat him. He's Mannys trainer and I dont think he would train anyone for a fight he didnt think couldnt win. As a trainer, especially with Freddy, not only is the fighters ass on the line but so is Freddys name in the sport.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Even if did'nt beleived or douted it , what's he gonna say ??? he has to stay positive for his fighter, that's part of his job, to motivate in a positive way. what would you do, " AHH MANY I HAVE TO BE HONEST WITH YOU YOU"RE GONNA GET YOUR ASS HANDED TO YOU":laugh: no way man

But one thing is beliving it another is doing it, while Paquio might be at his physical peak his boxing style, is gonna get him in big trouble early, he comes in agressively but is no floyd Mayweather defensively, he will be running into DLH shots, how he's gonna cope with that is yet to be seen, he's been woobled before, his only chance will depent on unusual circumstances, if DLH is weak because of the drop in weight and does not regain strenth in between the weight in and the fight, or by some miracle hurts a hand or a foot or suffers a massive gash early, but even at 34 if he comes in at 100% that's just bad news for Manny....

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Well the fact that he goes out of his way to tell reporters how much he thinks Pac will beat DLH tells me that he really believes in him. If he didnt believe it I think he would keep his mouth shut till asked then at that point he would lie :)

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
He really believes that Pacquiao can beat Oscar. Like Hector said, Oscar is going to get hit with a ton of punches, but I can't see any of them even coming close to hurting him. I expect a DLH knockout in a close fight on the cards. I just hope that Oscar doesn't carry Manny if he hurts him early. I'll have no problem with Oscar stopping him in the first few rounds.
Ecxatly for DLH to carry Paquiao would be embarresinly ovious, how do you carry a fire plugg, if manny gets too cocky DLH will have no choice but to blast him the hell out of there, nothing else would be wise, why take a chance on Paquiao getting lucky and landing a hail Mary....Remember middle weight Stanley Ketchel vs heavy weight champ Jack Jonson, he made the fatal mistake of getting cocky....

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Well the fact that he goes out of his way to tell reporters how much he thinks Pac will beat DLH tells me that he really believes in him. If he didnt believe it I think he would keep his mouth shut till asked then at that point he would lie :)
Well it could be argued that he's helping publicise the fight and at the same time trying to comvince himself of Paquiao possibilities, who knows I can't read the guys mind, all I know is that he's trying to do right by his fighter...and he would not neccessarily be lying , cause all he's doing like the rest of us is speculating....

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Well it could be argued that he's helping publicise the fight and at the same time trying to comvince himself of Paquiao possibilities, who knows I can't read the guys mind, all I know is that he's trying to do right by his fighter...and he would not neccessarily be lying , cause all he's doing like the rest of us is speculating....
I will not be buying the fight on principle. I refuse to put $$ into oscars greedy pocket. All I do know is I hope and pray that a miracle happens and Pacman KO's and embarasses Oscar. He deserves embarassing for his actions of late

G

·
What I want to know is, is Freddy ACTUALLY training Pacman for free when the inevitable happens and Pacman loses the fight...
Yea right.... He knows Manny is generous and would never go for that. I hate when people say that when they know theyre gonna get paid no matter what. It's an empty statement.

God, I hope DLH loses....

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Oscar better knock this cat out in under 6 rounds or as Nate Campbell said "he can kiss his legacy goodbye".

I'm starting to believe Roach is on to something when he says Oscar can't pull the trigger anymore. Even still, Pacman is WAAAAAAAY easier to hit than Steve Forbes. Should be easy work for Oscar.
Agreed. Forbes is no world-beater by any means but hes a cagey fighter who is very difficult to hit clean. Pac is more aggressive and easier to hit, and now hes fighting a guy much stronger and who hits much harder. JMM had Pac hurt on a couple of occasions, imagine if Oscar lands clean...

G

·
Pacman is WAAAAAAAY easier to hit than Steve Forbes.
Exactly. I can't see this fight ending any other way than a DLH KO.

I think Roach believes Manny can pull it off, but I'm sure he's not nearly as confident as he's pretending to be.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I will not be buying the fight on principle. I refuse to put $$ into oscars greedy pocket. All I do know is I hope and pray that a miracle happens and Pacman KO's and embarasses Oscar. He deserves embarassing for his actions of late
:laugh: I agree I would love nothing more than to see his corner pick his bloody face of the canvas, it would serve him right for abusing his power for his own self benefit, all this crap about him deserving an easy fight for having fought so many tuff ones, is just that crap, he got paid real good for all that, is only because he has the power to arrange it, that this fight is happening, no other promoter would have put his neck on the line or taking responsibility if Paquio gets killed.

What I want to know is, is Freddy ACTUALLY training Pacman for free when the inevitable happens and Pacman loses the fight...
Yeah right! your kidding right , if you belive that ,I got a bridge to sell you, no one works for free my man, would you??

Yea right.... He knows Manny is generous and would never go for that. I hate when people say that when they know theyre gonna get paid no matter what. It's an empty statement.

God, I hope DLH loses....
I know what you mean Roach kinda went a little over board with that one, he should just keep his mouth shut some times, and say things like were training real hard, we know DLH is dangerous ,and we're hoping for the best, instead of DLH can't pull the trigger " YEAH right " he's gonna pull the trigger all right, on a twleve gauge shot gun...:laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts