Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
You guys saidyou watch it if it's free... well the UFC is holding it's first ever Champion vs Champion Event for free on Spike TV. The Pride Champion takes on the UFC Champion. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson.

UFC 75: SEPTEMBER 8, 2007 IN LONDON, ENGLAND

Main Card Bouts:
-Quinton Jackson (#2 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Mirko Cro Cop (#3 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Cheick Kongo
-Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill
-Houston Alexander vs. Alessio Sakara
-Paul Taylor vs. Marcus Davis

Preliminary Bouts:
-Thiago Silva vs. Tomasz Drwal
-Naoyuki Kotani vs. Dennis Siver
-Anthony Torres vs. Jess Liaudin
-Gleison Tibau vs. Terry Etim

Main card airs in the United States via tape delay on Spike TV on Saturday, September 8th at 9:00 PM (ET/PT)

* Based on MMAWeekly World MMA Rankings

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeedsLad said:
Hey mate, you know if its shown in the UK? I might watch if its free. Bisping has been in the papers abit over here, is he any good?
Bisping is good and he is an up & comer. He is currently undefeated at like 13-0. However, I think this match up is going to be difficult for him. I could be wrong and he could blow through Hamill... but Hamill is a World Gold Medalist Wrestler for the Deaf and a 3X D-III National Champion. Bisping is more of a striker/BJJ guy and his wrestling isn't near as good, thus Hamill may be able to get it down and ride out a decision. I'm hoping Bisping puts the beatdown on him though.

Marcus Davis should be the first or second fight shown, and he is a former pro boxer turned MMA guy. He was like 17-1 in Boxing, so he's got hands. He started out in MMA with a record of 3-3 and now is 12-3 after really focusing on his grappling. He could be a guy for you all to root for.

Hendo/Rampage is going to be a war. I'm iffy on this one... I think I am going with Rampage but Dan Henderson is one tough SOB.

BTW guys, this is on tape delay here in the states. The event is taking place in Europe so it will be happening around 1 or 2 PM EST. If you don't want the results spoiled then I suggest staying away from MMA sites after noon.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thank god that was free. Davis had the only real good fight.

And ironically the former pro boxer won by armbar.

Bisbing vs Hamil was a judging travesty and Rampage Vs Hendo was a wrestling match

I like grappling when it's active and the guys are fighting for submissions. Hendo's great but Rampage is to big and strong so his wrestling was used just to shut Rampage down. Hendo's a natural 185'er not 205'er

I give it a 6 out of 10

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I liked Houston Alexander again, but will never be able to get into the UFC hype. Prior to the fight last night, the last one I actually watched was the Liddell vs. Jackson card. I absolutely hated every fight other than the Houston Alexander fight. Last night, because it was free, I enjoyed about half of the "action." I hated the Rampage fight. I hated the Bisping fight. I liked Alexander and one other that I can't remember. Like I said before, if its free and there is no decent boxing on I will watch. Now, if I would have paid 40 bucks for that last night I'd be pissed. I will never pay to watch UFC, although I enjoyed some of last nights action.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
One more thing. I noticed that the UFC's next "big fight" card's main event is Liddell (Lost last fight) vs. Jardine (Got his ass whipped in 30 seconds in his last fight) which I find extremely lame. Two guys who just got knocked out in the first round of their previous fights, and you have to pay to see it? Lol.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
One more thing. I noticed that the UFC's next "big fight" card's main event is Liddell (Lost last fight) vs. Jardine (Got his ass whipped in 30 seconds in his last fight) which I find extremely lame. Two guys who just got knocked out in the first round of their previous fights, and you have to pay to see it? Lol.
Yeah, I think it is a silly match to have... but that event is called "Knockout" for a reason. You'll definitely see some KO's that night with Liddell/Jardine and Shogun/Griffin.

What did you think about the Marcus Davis fight?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TysonJones said:
You gotta problem with it sparta? this aint no mma forum, and i aint afraid to jump into some dang octagon with ya. :cool:
I've got a problem with hypocrites, ya. I always respect boxing, I don't call them wannabe fighters or accuse them of being lame, even when there are shitty decisions or bad fights, and I definitely don't compare it to NASCAR.
Basically, by acting like a child you've lost all credibility when complaining about MMA guys talking **** on boxing. I know you hate it, you've said it before that you can't stand MMA fans trashing boxing, and I agree with you there. It's dumb to do that. Yet despite that you appear to want to jump on that train and act the same way. I've done nothing but respect Boxing since coming here, so you should respect me the same way and not trash my thread and be a hypocrite. I'm not saying you have to like it, but why be so low as to take shots at it? You're acting on the same level as those idiot MMA fans who trash boxing.

Yes, I know this is a Boxing Forum, but I also keep this in the Off Topic section. It's perfectly within the rules to post this here, and all the while I am being respectful. I don't appreciate someone being a jerk when I've done nothing but offer respect.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I don't remember which one that was. I was drinking. I remember the Rampage fight, Deaf guy, Houston Alexander, and that's about it. OH and Cro Kop.
Marcus Davis is the former Pro Boxer whom had that back and forth fight where he got kicked in the face yet was able to pull off the win with an armbar after being dropped.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
JohnnySparta said:
I've got a problem with hypocrites, ya. I always respect boxing, I don't call them wannabe fighters or accuse them of being lame, even when there are shitty decisions or bad fights, and I definitely don't compare it to NASCAR.
Basically, by acting like a child you've lost all credibility when complaining about MMA guys talking **** on boxing. I know you hate it, you've said it before that you can't stand MMA fans trashing boxing, and I agree with you there. It's dumb to do that. Yet despite that you appear to want to jump on that train and act the same way. I've done nothing but respect Boxing since coming here, so you should respect me the same way and not trash my thread and be a hypocrite. I'm not saying you have to like it, but why be so low as to take shots at it? You're acting on the same level as those idiot MMA fans who trash boxing.

Yes, I know this is a Boxing Forum, but I also keep this in the Off Topic section. It's perfectly within the rules to post this here, and all the while I am being respectful. I don't appreciate someone being a jerk when I've done nothing but offer respect.
Lance, you're my boy, but dude is right on this one. He's kept the MMA stuff rare, and in the proper area since he's been here. He isn't one of the douchebags that come here or I would have said something by now.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
JohnnySparta said:
Marcus Davis is the former Pro Boxer whom had that back and forth fight where he got kicked in the face yet was able to pull off the win with an armbar after being dropped.
Yea I remember that one. That was a cool fight. I said pre-fight that I wanted him to win because he had zero tatoos.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts