Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the lack of names on FNF last night I must say that it was a jewel. Four fights and four knockouts, with 3/4 coming in brutal fashion. I also found my 2nd prospect who I see as becoming the cruiser weight champion in the future. Eric Fields is flat out amazing. I feel like his amateur career is going to take him far. What did you guys think about the fights from last night; Fields in particular?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fields was excellent. He KO'd Kelvin very quickly. It was wise to stop that fight with soooo many unanswered blows. I was shocked that the first knockdown occured in ~30 seconds of the fight. Teddy Atlas commented that Eric fields was smart enough to back up while finishing Kelvin off, so as to avoid Kelvin from tying him up. Fields is top notch.

Nice to have FNF back. I missed it over the summer. It is important to have a venue where fans can see up and coming prospects free, before they become contender$ and champion$...that$ the point where the fan$ mu$t pay to $ee them.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum rudy! Stick around man, you seem to be a very knowledgeable boxing fans. If you have any questions feel free to send me a private message! I agree with everything you said about Fields as well!
-Shane

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks, Shane. Some very knowledgable fans here. Thought you might be interested in the fight description from Wikipedia (a terrific resource):
Fields dropped Davis just seconds into the fight with a right hand and arose to be badly hurt by a flurry of punches by Fields that forced the referee to stop the fight. Davis announced his retirement after the fight

Sad, but, "Goodbye and thank you, Kelvin. Hello, Eric!"

·
Registered
349 Posts
Man I am pissed I missed it .. wasnt able to catch it do you know if they replay these at anytime during the week ??

·
Registered
424 Posts
the thing that i really liked about Fields was his combination punching. Usually the heavier the fighters, the more they start to throw lower and lower punch count combinations. i mean, when is the last time you saw The Dingaling man throw combinations with any consistency? Mostly just 1-2's.
I mean, the punches he was throwing were very varied, not mentioning that was his 11th pro fight. that first uppcut that hurt Davis was very very well placed, and when he went for the finish he gave himself great punching room and he didnt just through bomb hook over bomb hook. he threw straight punches, hooks, uppercuts, everything. The fight lasted 1 round, and we probably saw at least one of every punch in the book.

I agree, future champ.

-Melty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts