Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well that wasn't a bad performance but that guy was a punching bag, nowhere near top quality. I understand the ref stopping it but i'm always annoyed when a fighter's stopped and hasn't been down. It was inevitable but i wanted to see the KO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I agree with all that Ninja.

The way Carl picks his shots impreses me, usualy a puncher like him is swining at all times but Carl is very poised.

Good performance against a durable opponent.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think he'll do well to a point, but that lack of speed is gonna hurt him if he comes up against Calzaghe or Kessler. He'd beat Mundine imo and probably Bute, but he's a bit too open and slow to cut it against the top men. I think Taylor would give him serious problems too, in fact anyone with fast hands who can box.

But fair play to him, he'll probably have the WBC belt by October. Glad I picked him for PYP :thumbsup::laugh::thumbsup:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What i like about Froch is the angles he makes,he still hits the man in front of him when he looks like he might not.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
That pick is looking safe to come in now mate. :thumbsup:

It was mensioned about his left being low all the time. If he fights Kessler then he's going to eat some big right hands.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the low left thing (while obviously being part of his style) is slightly misleading as i don't think he thinks he's really been up against someone top quality. If he starts eating Kesslers right hand then i think it'll move upwards pretty sharpish. But he does seem to jump in a fair amount and against someone who throws a good quick 1-2 with short punches he will end up on his arse. I just think it seems fairly simple for someone to outbox him, which is what the best will do.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
That pick is looking safe to come in now mate. :thumbsup:

It was mensioned about his left being low all the time. If he fights Kessler then he's going to eat some big right hands.
Froch for me is better than some might think,to me he can punch quicker than we saw tonight.Froch when he needs to can pick his punch speed up,this guy has a rock of a chin & cuts a ring off sweet.I think he beat Kessler;)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Froch for me is better than some might think,to me he can punch quicker than we saw tonight.Froch when he needs to can pick his punch speed up,this gut has a rock of a chin & cuts a ring off sweet.I think he beat Kessler;)
I think he beats a lot of people but not Kessler. Kessler's got a pretty damn good chin as well, is just as powerful, and he's alot more sound on the basics. I don't think he'll be there for Carl to hit, and tho i don't think it'll be a KO, i think Froch will be on the wrong end of a UD (quite possibly a wide one). But he probably won't fight Kessler for a while yet so he has time to improve.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think he beats a lot of people but not Kessler. Kessler's got a pretty damn good chin as well, is just as powerful, and he's alot more sound on the basics. I don't think he'll be there for Carl to hit, and tho i don't think it'll be a KO, i think Froch will be on the wrong end of a UD (quite possibly a wide one). But he probably won't fight Kessler for a while yet so he has time to improve.
Kessler fights to much in stright lines,where Froch uses angles.So from that i think Kessler will get done.I dont say he wont hit Froch,but wont find him enough.Dont get me wrong i do think Kessler punches hard but so does Froch.I would love 2 see these guys meet in the ring.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I agree meg. Kessler would beat him down before knocking him out late in the fight.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Kessler is pretty good.. He gave Calzaghe a very tough fight in the first rounds, and I think tahts about it, I think he beats any 168 pounder not named Calzaghe.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would like to see Kessler and Pavlik :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Who would you like in that one?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I guess Pavlik, just because of his toughness, he moves forward all the time and he finds place with his jabs all the time, he wouldnt be schooled like andrade did.. Also, Angelo dundee said Pavlik is a special kid, so I believe him

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
What a terrible opponent. Bad stoppage. And mediocre performance by Fraud. Does guy seriously thinks he can stop Kessler? Kessler would destroy this 30 year prospect. I have no doubts about that. What a terrible night of boxing.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'd give 154 pounders cory spinks and kassim ouma a good shot of beating froch. He's terrible. He tries to get away with that naseem type uppercut. Miranda would tear him about in 3.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts