Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I've been trying to tell you guys that a rematch is practically guaranteed. The MONEY will pursuade both to just do it again. I, for one think there is no point and the result will be the same but worse for Oscar. Boo a rematch. I want Mosley.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I've been trying to tell you guys that a rematch is practically guaranteed. The MONEY will pursuade both to just do it again. I, for one think there is no point and the result will be the same but worse for Oscar. Boo a rematch. I want Mosley.
PBF WILL NOT GO DOWN TO 147 TO FIGHT SHANE AND HE (PBF) WILL DUCK HIM WITH EVERY EXCUSE EVER USED AND HE WILL MAKE A FEW NEW ONES UP.

I am not a betting man but ill put 1000 points on Shane. IF THEY FIGHT AT 147Lbs.

BTW I agree with you 110% the rematch being the same POS as the first fight.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I really don't think he will either. Mosley is a big risk for Floyd, but I think the fight would be close and could easily go either way. The problem with making the fight is that it wouldn't produce the same amount of money as a rematch with Oscar will IMO. Although it may be close considering that many people who only bought the Oscar/Floyd fight due to the hype will be reluctant to buy the rematch.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Thanks man. It is the truth though. I don't see the rematch being nearly as successful. Even some of the most loyal boxing fans have stated that they would not buy the rematch (although I think they will) because the first fight was "boring." I personally liked it.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Honestly I didn’t like the fight at all. It looked like 2 rich guys trying to look like they whir fighting as they really didn’t commit 100% to fighting.

Now look at this weeks fight of Freitas VS the baby bull that was a much better action lets go for it , I am better then you and I am willing to put it all on the line to prove it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
sliznut said:
I hope they don't rematch this boring ****. Lets get some hungry fighters out there and skip the heartless.
That is why we have choices sliz. If you don't like it don't watch it. It is a lot tougher to be as hungry when you are considered "at the top." The up and coming youngsters are naturally hungrier but do not produce the same quality of boxing. It's a trade off.

The Miranda/Pavlik bout should be really good IMO. Everyone should watch!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
132 Posts
That is why we have choices sliz. If you don't like it don't watch it.
No ****? If they put money towards this fight thats less money towards fights that could be more rewarding to the boxing community. A rematch is a waste of time and money that could be better well spent elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
But if they are making more money putting together a rematch than any other possible fight why not do it? I understand your point about bettering the sport but that is far from what the major interest of these guys really are. MONEY rules all.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Oscar will retire. He knows that he is at the end of the rope.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
how? floyd had nothing to do with oscar retiring, and if he did its because he beat oscar and made him realize he couldnt do it anymore. I think thats a very immature comment with nothing to back it up. What could this possibly say bout floyd? that he fights gusy who are about to retire? OSCAR DID THE SAME THING.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts