1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
August 07, 2007
BOXINGTALK'S DAILY MAILBAG
By G. Leon

G, what are we going to do about re-writing the P4P list putting Roy back at #1? I know you saw the Hanshaw fight! Did you see the in-fighting against the ropes late in the fight? Viscous left hook body shots & left uppercuts against hanshaws relentless pressure. There was no holding, clinching while hitting, low blows nor running! P4P reflects fighting skills. Mayweather & Hopkins should take a page out of Roys "How to fight" manual. That 11th round was like James Toney/Vasilly Jirov. My P4P list would have Roy #1 and James Toney #2. It's not the wins vs loses that dictate P4P #1. Running circles around opponets for 12 rounds or clinching opponets while treating his nut sack like your own personal speed bag doesn't warrant the distinct honor. If you noticed, Mayweather & Hopkins already stole a few pages from Roy's manual with that lead overhand sneaky right. Real recognizes Real and this real fighter can still recognize greatness. That Hanshaw fight showed a 38 year old legend seperate himself from every other fighter alive while picking apart a young, confident, hungry lion; and had fun doing it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 - Kelvin A. Pompey

Leon's Response: The question should be what is Roy going to do about it? Roy's fighting style is all his own and I'm not sure he's found the time to write the book yet. Mayweather doesn't need to take a page out of anyone's book until someone gives him a reason to. Your pound for pound list would be widely considered 14 years outdated.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think this guy fell asleep pissed in 1994 after the Roy/Toney fight and just woke up not realising, both men have been done for steroids, Roy has been outdone by Tarver over 3 fights and KO'd by Glen Johnson. Toney is 40 losing twice to Samuel Peter among other losses. :laugh:

Hardly the form of the worlds no.1 and no.2 P4P fighters.
Id love to see his all time P4P greats! :laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts