Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i hear this thing that eating peanut butter and jelly sanwhiches b4 u go to bed at night will help u gain weight , i wanted to kno if this is true or just an urban legend, bcuz im a preety skinny tall slinnder guy and wanted to gain some " healthy weight " lol

·
Registered
841 Posts
PB&J before bed is no legend or mith, it works. It will make you gain a good 5 Ibs in a week or 2.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i kno right , wow i didnt kno dat would work , bud gaining five pounds in a week , dang datz alot lol

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
You will not gain 5 pounds in a week from it (depending on body of course)

If you want to gain weight, eat oatmeal and drink a gallon of milk a day. Its all about eating more calories than you burn. Whole milk is one of the most calorie rich, and easiest foods to consume (because its a drink)
One gallon of milk is equal the majority of a normal daily calorie intake. And thats not including the food you would eat throughout the day ;)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Ok i hear this thing that eating peanut butter and jelly sanwhiches b4 u go to bed at night will help u gain weight , i wanted to kno if this is true or just an urban legend, bcuz im a preety skinny tall slinnder guy and wanted to gain some " healthy weight " lol
It's a myth. Trust me. I have a 1000 page manuel on physically training. Tell me your height and weight and i'll tell you exactly how much protein and calories you will need daily to gain weight or keep your weight the same. It's a simple formula. However eating a pb and j right after or before a workout, will help you gain weight. but right before bed, you'll just **** it out the next day.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
and the PB&J before/after a workout is more about the consumed protein in the peanut butter aiding in rebuilding the muscle torn down in excercise.

Good stuff Lance

Also, the eating before bed thing, if you're consuming carbohydrate rich foods and going to sleep, then because your body is not burning it off as energy, it will be stored as fat. Im not sure however, how good a source of carbs a PB&J is, but I dont think its a huge source.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
a gallon a day off milk? whud do u want me to have diareea lol however u spell it , plus i dun have the money to drink a gallon of milk a day, im 16

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Just saying, its a proven method for gaining mass. In fact its one of those body builders secrets.

The main point to get from all of this though, is to eat MORE calories than you burn. If you do that, you WILL gain weight, plain and simple. So make sure you take in alot of calories ;)
The milk was just a suggestion because its much harder to eat the same number of calories you will get by drinking milk.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
and the PB&J before/after a workout is more about the consumed protein in the peanut butter aiding in rebuilding the muscle torn down in excercise.

Good stuff Lance

Also, the eating before bed thing, if you're consuming carbohydrate rich foods and going to sleep, then because your body is not burning it off as energy, it will be stored as fat. Im not sure however, how good a source of carbs a PB&J is, but I dont think its a huge source.
Its not a huge source of carbs, the bread is the only carbs and thats only about 15 grams. Peanut butter after exercise is to help rebuild your muscles, but in time, you'll gain weight because you will be gaining muscle mass.

a gallon a day off milk? whud do u want me to have diareea lol however u spell it , plus i dun have the money to drink a gallon of milk a day, im 16
Go to a local gnc or health store and get some protein shakes, around 20 g. You can drink 3 a day and it'll be equivalent to about 10 full glasses of milk. Here i'll help you out. To gain weight, you must almost double your body weights protein intake. Lets say you weight 150 pounds. To keep your weight at 150, you'll need to consume 150 g of proten aday, to gain weight, you must consume around 250-300 g of protein a day ( if you are an active boxer ). Plus around 4000-4500 calories a day. Now you must lift weighs in order for it to be the kind of weight you want it to be aka muscle.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well my dad said i cant take any protein supplement becuz im too young (16) bud with the penutbutter and jelly thing ,

1.should i eat it b4 i go to bed , then work out next day?

2.that day right b4 i work out?

3.Or After I work out?

which One will give me the best results

and I Am about 5 "11 , 135 Pounds Or Maybe 140.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Just try it. These guys do have some good points, but you really won't know until you try it. Basically foods higher in carbs before bed, pb&j, toast, ect. If 1 pb&j doesn't do the trick eat 2 before bed, your gonna gain some weight, not a lot, but some. Im extremely active and it works for me when I wanna put a few extra pounds on.

·
Registered
841 Posts
well my dad said i cant take any protein supplement becuz im too young (16) bud with the penutbutter and jelly thing ,

3.Or After I work out?

After WO, especially if it was with weights, then bfore bed, don't work out on an empty stomach though.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
aw ok and one other thing i have heard will help u gain weight is roman noodles b4 bed ? lol jus asking ?

·
Registered
397 Posts

3.Or After I work out?

No offense, but your dad is a moron.

There is nothing wrong with taking a protein supplement no matter what your age

·
Registered
841 Posts
Don't know, I don't eat roman, if I had to guess, I'd say yeah maybe since noodles are high in carbs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
o and yeah i belive u boud da noodles cuz all it is , is water in those things lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts