Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The May 17th HBO bout between unbeaten super featherweight sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa (9-0, 8 KOs) and WBO #2 ranked Marcos Ramirez (25-0, 16 KOs) has been pulled simply because Ramirez has decided not to take the fight. Gamboa still will be fighting on the date and the search for a replacement is on. Gamboa's promoter Ahmet Öner/Arena Box-Promotion shared his thoughts on the situation. "Obviously it's disappointing but we have to move forward," stated Öner. "The one thing I take a lot pride in is that none of my fighters have to be moved carefully. We fight the best fighters out there regardless of how good their record is."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This Ramirez clown new what was coming.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im hearing over at BS.COM that he could fight for a title as soon as his 12th fight.....Gamboa vs Valero sounds good to me.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Im hearing over at BS.COM that he could fight for a title as soon as his 12th fight.....Gamboa vs Valero sounds good to me.
Yeah that's what Gamboa said after his last outing. Gamboa would school Valero IMO, but if he boxed too cocky he'd get stopped. Valero really isn't that good though. Holy ship, this could be in TX!!! Lance you gotta come down if Gamboa gets in on down here man.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unbeaten super featherweight sensation Yuriorkis Gamboa (9-0, 8 KOs) will now face Darling Jimenez (23-2-2, 14 KOs) his May 17th HBO debut. Jiminez has won six straight, all by KO. Gamboa was originally slated to face WBO #2 Ranked Marcos Ramirez (25-0, 16 KOs), but Ramirez decided not to take the fight. A 2004 Olympic Gold medal winner for Cuba, Gamboa opened eyes in his U.S. television debut back in February as he brutally knocked out Johnny Edwards in one round on ESPN2 to win the NABF super featherweight title. He has been so impressive that after just nine fights, he is rated WBA #5 and WBC #8 respectively.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts