Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I'm still looking; we're in a free negotiation period right now with Chad and we're looking at all our other options, even Roy Jones. John Wirt called us and said Roy would fight him. Which truthfully, I was surprised to hear. But obviously we wanted Bernard Hopkins, Calzaghe; if we can't get them we have the rematch we can do with Tarver or I wanted to do Adrian Diaconu for a unification but he's hurt. So we'll see what's out there."

-Gary Shaw (Arreola Goes Camping in Big Bear)

If Chad can't get a fight with Calzaghe (which I think he won't), he'll have many options on the table; and surprisingly it could possibly be against RJ. But I think if Dawson can't get Cal, he'll go for Hopkins. Tons of options, and tons of questions...what do you all think???

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
what about a glen johnson rematch lol. he is my new boxer that i like but gary shaw is such a crap promoter honestly

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
what about a glen johnson rematch lol. he is my new boxer that i like but gary shaw is such a crap promoter honestly
:laugh:I read this and was thinking the same thing. Shaw is an ok promoter once you're ready for a title shot and he gets his fighters on Showtime against solid opponents. But he isn't a real promoter, he's a booking agent with a couple really good fighters and solid connections. You can see how garbage he is as a promoter when his son (they're very close) runs the 2nd biggest mmgay company with ABC dates into bankruptcy.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I hope Bernard doesn't fight Dawson, that would most likely make me sad.

Dawson vs RJJ...can't wait to see the odds on that fight LOL. I can see 10-1 odds already.

Dawson vs Johnson II, it'll be like Mayweather vs Castillo II... We won't enjoy it like the first one.

Dawson vs Tarver II, terrible fight. Tarver should fight that european champion Zsolt Erdei to up his stock again.

Since Adrian is hurt, there's also Hugo Herman Garay to unify with (WBA Champ). Dawson clowns all the other World Champions in the division easily... (Calzaghe is not a world champion)

G

·
I hope Bernard doesn't fight Dawson, that would most likely make me sad.

Dawson vs RJJ...can't wait to see the odds on that fight LOL. I can see 10-1 odds already.

Dawson vs Johnson II, it'll be like Mayweather vs Castillo II... We won't enjoy it like the first one.

Dawson vs Tarver II, terrible fight. Tarver should fight that european champion Zsolt Erdei to up his stock again.

Since Adrian is hurt, there's also Hugo Herman Garay to unify with (WBA Champ). Dawson clowns all the other World Champions in the division easily... (Calzaghe is not a world champion)
You are correct on all three account. Dawson/Hopkins is the fight I want to see. I got no allegiance with either fighter so I just want to see a war out there.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Dawson should fight Glen Johnson again, but I don't think he wants to go through that again. The next fight that would be intriguing would be Hopkins vs Dawson since the top LHW would be fighting for supremacy or at least a chance to fight Calzaghe.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
There's no point in him fighting Jones. In an ideal world Dawson fights Johnson and Calzaghe fights Hopkins, as there's unfinished business in both fights... but i don't think thats happening.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
A fight against Hopkins isn't good for him, because Hopkins is a Southpaw assassin and I think that Dawson doesn't have what Calzaghe had and that is constant punch output. So I'd lean towards Hopkins, and I don't think we need Bernard schooling another young talent.

A fight against Johnson would be exactly what Obama said, like PBF/JLC II.

He should chase a unification fight.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
There's no point in him fighting Jones. In an ideal world Dawson fights Johnson and Calzaghe fights Hopkins, as there's unfinished business in both fights... but i don't think thats happening.
he would earn a decent paycheck fighting jones, so there in lies a reason to fight him ;)

A fight against Hopkins isn't good for him, because Hopkins is a Southpaw assassin and I think that Dawson doesn't have what Calzaghe had and that is constant punch output. So I'd lean towards Hopkins, and I don't think we need Bernard schooling another young talent.

A fight against Johnson would be exactly what Obama said, like PBF/JLC II.

He should chase a unification fight.
hell to the yeah!!!!!

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
someone needs to step up and fight johnson, man! i would've really liked to see him and joe get it on, but he's being avoided by the elite light heavys.....and that's a damn shame.

G

·
I feel sorry for the guy, he gets robbed regularly and avoided like the plague. He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I think Calzaghe-Johnson would be an all out war!

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Calzaghe should fight either Hopkins or Johnson, because I don't think he's going to get it on with Dawson. But Calzaghe said that he will only fight big money fights...so I think it will come down to Hopkins. But who knows

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Calzaghe should fight either Hopkins or Johnson, because I don't think he's going to get it on with Dawson. But Calzaghe said that he will only fight big money fights...so I think it will come down to Hopkins. But who knows
Big money...high risk. The high risk is something Cal wants no part of...and its a shame too...

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
I feel sorry for the guy, he gets robbed regularly and avoided like the plague. He doesn't deserve that kind of treatment. I think Calzaghe-Johnson would be an all out war!
it would be non-stop action for sho ;)

hopkins chances of fighting calzaghe again are slim to none. it would be nice surprise if calzaghe agreed to fight him again.

·
Registered
661 Posts
it would be non-stop action for sho ;)

hopkins chances of fighting calzaghe again are slim to none. it would be nice surprise if calzaghe agreed to fight him again.
As I said in the other thread, as far as I'm concerned there's no slim about it, there is no chance of that fight happening. He has enough ******* money anyway, he should tell Dawson to go **** himself and go and fight Johnson. He'll sell out the Milenium whoever it is, Calzaghe will sell **** all in the States even if it is Dawson, and he'd have to pay Johnsen less anyway.

******* fight Johnsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
As I said in the other thread, as far as I'm concerned there's no slim about it, there is no chance of that fight happening. He has enough ******* money anyway, he should tell Dawson to go **** himself and go and fight Johnson. He'll sell out the Milenium whoever it is, Calzaghe will sell **** all in the States even if it is Dawson, and he'd have to pay Johnsen less anyway.

i'd love for it to happen, man. and you know johnson wouldn't hesistate to fight him on his turf. they don't call him the road warrior for nothing ;)

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

Dawson really doesn't give a damn if Calzaghe fights him, Calzaghe needs him to legitimize his greatness, Dawson's got another 10 years to legitimize his own. Dawson will fight anyone he hasn't already beaten.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Dawson really doesn't give a damn if Calzaghe fights him, Calzaghe needs him to legitimize his greatness, Dawson's got another 10 years to legitimize his own. Dawson will fight anyone he hasn't already beaten.
Fighting Dawson legitimizes nothing for me. Who is Chad Dawson? He beat a 40 year old Tarver and lost(imo) to a 39 year old Johnson. Beating Johnson is a lot more valuable for JC.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts