Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its early doors just now but the fight looks like it could be signed quite soon.

ive not been overly impressed by the young chavez and would pick gatti to win a solid UD in this one.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I think he is still wet behind the ears. Plus he has big shoes to fill. the last couple of fights I thinked he has made some progress. But with Sr. being my favorite fighter, I might expect to much out of him.

·
Registered
707 Posts
at this time Gatti is all but a punching bag so I would not be surprised if the fight was made soon I would also look for him to be matched up with a soft champ by the end of the year Maybe Cintron but I think he will end up at #154 to 160 before long he is a big guy and I have notice big improvements.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I'd pick Gatti in this one too. I think it will be a good fight. I dont really see Chavez being a big puncher so therefor Gatti will take more punches, and give more.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
He is still just a kid. Not even close to being a Floyd Jr. situation. hes only like 20 yrs old. I think they're doing the smart thing with him and putting him in many fights to get more experience. I'll give him another yr or two before calling for big fights.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Gatti should retire.
sho-you right JCChavez will blow him away, for good the kid is ready is taller and probably hits harder, hell patiently take Gatty apart ,he'll nail the coffing shut.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
He is still just a kid. Not even close to being a Floyd Jr. situation. hes only like 20 yrs old. I think they're doing the smart thing with him and putting him in many fights to get more experience. I'll give him another yr or two before calling for big fights.

I am not looking for big fights just equal opponents.
And not on 30 minutes notice

·
Registered
231 Posts
ERIK said:
I would love to know what legit boxing site this came from?

NO WAY this fight happens.
came from boxing bb
haha jk eric

i havent herd anything about this yet either but think gatti is to skilled for him at this point. the man has been in wars havent seen that yet from Jr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts