Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...I am new to boxing (5 months) and just started sparring. When you get hit, how do you know whether it's just a zinger or you're actually hurt. For example, I sparred a few days ago and got hit on top of my head (somehow!) and I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I pulled myself out and the pain was gone after about 10 minutes...but the neck is still very sore. Is that normal at all? Has anybody else experienced that?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Hey all...I am new to boxing (5 months) and just started sparring. When you get hit, how do you know whether it's just a zinger or you're actually hurt. For example, I sparred a few days ago and got hit on top of my head (somehow!) and I felt a sharp pain in my neck. I pulled myself out and the pain was gone after about 10 minutes...but the neck is still very sore. Is that normal at all? Has anybody else experienced that?
It sounds like you've jarred your neck, did you see the punch comming and try pulling away from it? if so you need to stretch your neck more before you start sparring.

Rotate your head and stretch it from side to side before going in there, things like this happen from time to time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! well...actually i did exactly the opposite...I was leaning into the punch and did not see it coming. it hit me on top of the head. and somehow messed neck.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Did it snap your head back? Because if it did you might have pulled something. If I were you, I wouldn't spar again until it isn't sore and feels normal again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts