Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.

the site has grown so much in the past year that we're now firmly established as one of the main boxing boards on the internet.

this is down to all our great members and staff of course because without you guys there would be no boxingforum.com.

i want to ask a favor of all our regulars here, i take it most of you guys are all on other forums and you have buddys on them, if you do can you please invite them along here and we can expand the forum even more,,,,this place has so much potential and with a few more steady posters the place is gonna be better for everyone. :)

thanks in advance guys, if you do bring anyone along remember to get them to list you as there referal because everytime they post you get points. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm not sure how many of you are combat sport fans, not just boxing, but if you are, head over to mmaforum.com. Its the VerticalScope version exactly like this site. Feel free to rep boxingforum.com in your signature, as we all work for the same company. I'm a Moderator over there and am looking forward to posting more on here. I'll try to get some folks to start visiting over here as well.

Also, if you guys would want to do it, we could set up a debate between the two sites about fictional or realistic matchups between boxers and mixed martial artists. Just an idea.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys, Tommy got me tonight and I've had a look around the boards and like what I see, so I've signed up.

I'll tell you a bit about me -

Gareth, Live in belfast, N.Ireland, and a hardcore boxing fan.

I coach AMA boxers and work along side a few Pro boxers in our stable, Eastside ABC and Team Alio Professional Boxing. ( Eastside Boxing Club Belfast ) Gotta plug the club lol

All our AMA boxers records are availible on the website, and updated regularly by myself, there are also videos of Pro and AMA fights on the site and a youtube channel if you fancy subscribing.

Pro boxers are -

Scott Belshaw - 6-0 5KO (one 9sec KO)
James Gorman - N.Ireland Area Light Welterweight Champ
And newcomer - Willie Thompson 3-0 (Light Middle Weight)

Gorman fights in cork for the Irish Welterweight title on 26th Jan 2008 after his dubious loss to Andy Murray in the King Hall Belfast 8th Dec 2007.

If theres anything anyone wants to know about the Pros / Ama's in my stable or fights in Ireland in general just let me know, I'm always willing to help out.

hope to be spending some time on this board and getting to know you all better.

G

·
Registered
17 Posts
Evenin lads and lasses.

Seems a good forum here. Had a chat with tommygunn and he seems like a decent chap, so though i'd join up.

Use to post on the beeb and regularly post on Boxing Banter under the name Christ_the_Impaler.....can't use that name here as its too long to fit in the name display!

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Evenin lads and lasses.

Seems a good forum here. Had a chat with tommygunn and he seems like a decent chap, so though i'd join up.

Use to post on the beeb and regularly post on Boxing Banter under the name Christ_the_Impaler.....can't use that name here as its too long to fit in the name display!

Cheers!
Evening Christ T Impaler. It's the same Gareth here now too lol. Seems to be a decent board here.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey guys, thanks for dropping by and signing up!

if you have any questions at all dont hesitate to ask, if you have any problems with the forum, same thing aplies.

we're trying to make this place as user freindly as possible and thats what seperates us from the rest.

again, thanks for signing up here guys. :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Evening Christ T Impaler. It's the same Gareth here now too lol. Seems to be a decent board here.
Hey Gareth, I thought as much but didn't want to say hello just in case it wasn't you, lol

Yeah, the forum seems pretty good. Like I said to tommygunn, as long as all the board member share a healthy hatred for old Fish-Eyed-Fwank then we'll get along fine!!:thumbsup:

Are there any other Banter posters on here that you know of?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Gareth, I thought as much but didn't want to say hello just in case it wasn't you, lol

Yeah, the forum seems pretty good. Like I said to tommygunn, as long as all the board member share a healthy hatred for old Fish-Eyed-Fwank then we'll get along fine!!:thumbsup:

Are there any other Banter posters on here that you know of?

Not that I have seen yet, though there are a few familiar names on some of the regulars here.

Have to agree on the Fwank bit though, everybody loves to hate Mr Warren. The bollox has even beat my youtube video record now too lol, have to get new footage up in the morning lol.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lets just keep our fingers crossed he does right by amir, it'd be a shame to see him with a 35-0 record with just butchers,bakers and candal stick makers on his record. LOL

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hopefully we can keep things pure over here. No MMA fans please.

Personally I like a smaller group so that your not just another voice straining to be heard. Good quality pure boxing enthusiast are what I hope this site attracts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
lets just keep our fingers crossed he does right by amir, it'd be a shame to see him with a 35-0 record with just butchers,bakers and candal stick makers on his record. LOL
I wouldn't bet my least favourite DVD on that happening tommy, never mind anything i really treasure.

Fwank is and always will be an arse in my opinion. He loves a cash cow. He's stifled every single talented fighter he's been involved with in one way or another. Hamed, Hatton, Calzaghe and Maccarinelli just to name a few.

I can see Khan going down the same WBO road to obscurity if he is not careful. :(

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wouldn't bet my least favourite DVD on that happening tommy, never mind anything i really treasure.

Fwank is and always will be an arse in my opinion. He loves a cash cow. He's stifled every single talented fighter he's been involved with in one way or another. Hamed, Hatton, Calzaghe and Maccarinelli just to name a few.

I can see Khan going down the same WBO road to obscurity if he is not careful. :(
i see fwank..lol....already has amir fighting a dane for a WBO eliminator next...:mad:

same old, same old !

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hopefully we can keep things pure over here. No MMA fans please.

Personally I like a smaller group so that your not just another voice straining to be heard. Good quality pure boxing enthusiast are what I hope this site attracts.
Nothin wrong with MMA fans man. Sure they like MMA more than boxing (as you like boxing more than MMA), but first and foremost, they are combat sport fans. I'm a mod over at mmaforum.com but I still love boxing.

I still see it as hard to separate my love for different combat sports as they are all different versions of the same thing: fighting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does going through other sites member lists, getting their MSN/hotmail addys, then inviting them here count?

Makes you look a bit unprofessional, TommyGunn... Yes?

Does nothing for the credibility or reputation of this place either, which is a shame, coz it looks not too bad.

Pity.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Nothin wrong with MMA fans man. Sure they like MMA more than boxing (as you like boxing more than MMA), but first and foremost, they are combat sport fans. I'm a mod over at mmaforum.com but I still love boxing.

I still see it as hard to separate my love for different combat sports as they are all different versions of the same thing: fighting.
if they're willing to talk boxing then it's all good. it's just those certain mma fans who feel the need to bash boxing needs to stay away. it's like having to deal with an irritating younger brother. you know they're not going anywhere anytime soon, but shut the hell up already:cheeky4::laugh::cheeky4:

btw...welcome to the site!

·
Registered
8 Posts
if they're willing to talk boxing then it's all good. it's just those certain mma fans who feel the need to bash boxing needs to stay away. it's like having to deal with an irritating younger brother. you know they're not going anywhere anytime soon, but shut the hell up already:cheeky4::laugh::cheeky4:

btw...welcome to the site!
Thanks man, glad to be here.

And I know what you mean, over at mmaforum.com we have to occasional boxing fan come over and trash MMA. Its annoying. Its like, discuss the topic the Forum is about. Seriously...

Most of our guys over there got into MMA through boxing or like all combat sports, so its not too bad. But there are always those select few trolls and idiots who like to ruffle feathers.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts