Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get started in competitive boxing. I've been an athlete all my life and as i mentioned in a previous post, i have 5 years cumulative martial arts experience and approximately 9 years of collegiate soccer and basketball experience.

I need to get an idea of what the best training regiment would be in order to build good habits and get off on the right foot.

If you could put together the ultimate training regiment for a potential boxer to build good habits and get in great shape... what would it be?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
sheesh i'm too lazy to answer this its 3 a.m. but i'll try to answer it in a lazy way. Stretch your legs and arms. Run for 10-15 minutes, put on boxing wraps (you need to buy them and learn how to wrap your hands if martial arts never taught you how) Shadow box one round with hand wraps on only 2nd round shadow box with gloves on. do 4-5 rounds of padwork which you probably have no access to so i dont know what to say on that category. 3 rounds of heavy bag since you're just starting off. once you're done do 2 rounds of speed bag which you probably dont have. then 2 rounds of jump rope and then ab workouts. Thats the best advice i can give you. Oh and 3 minute rounds. I summarized my workout and lowered rounds and stuff for you since you're just starting off but when you're first starting yo uneed to learn the punches. I suggest getting a trainer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts