Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team...:). I am fighting my first amateur fight next Jan-Feb and have been training boxing for 9 months or so.

I have been weight training running and playing soccer for much longer though (like 5 years) so I have good fitness. What I need to work on is boxing technique...

I need you to let me know what you think about my training schedule, how I could improve my training and maybe a few tips for fight preperation :thumbsup:.

Guys I train 6 days a week as follows and due to school I can only do one particualr training session on one given day:

Mon- Boxing, Tue-Weights, Wed-6km run, Thu- Weights, Fri- Boxing, Sat-5km run.

I feel that I should run more. I take no more than 30mins to finish my jog with a 150-160BPM heart rate. Should I up the distance or the pace of my jog to prepare better for the fight? I will fight 3 rounds (4 if it is a draw). Thanks a million!

·
Registered
841 Posts
I think you should be boxing and running more. Superset your weight training days with some extra running. Also do sprints along with your 30 min run to get your quick twitch muscle fibers goin in your legs.

vs. Mon- Boxing, Tue-Weights+5k, Wed-5k +boxing, Thu- Weights+5k, Fri- Boxing, Sat-5km run+w/2-4 400m+ 2-4 100m sprints.

If I were you, I'd train as if I were fighting 12rds.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Boxing training should be in there at least 4 days a week in my opinion. I'm training for a fight december 20th been training for a year and 5 months and i train monday, tuesday, thursday, friday, saturday with some running certain days and weight training for an hour and a half to 2 hours. You'd better pick it up or you'd be versing someone who trains probably harder than me and will most likely win.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Hey team...:). I am fighting my first amateur fight next Jan-Feb and have been training boxing for 9 months or so.

I have been weight training running and playing soccer for much longer though (like 5 years) so I have good fitness. What I need to work on is boxing technique...

I need you to let me know what you think about my training schedule, how I could improve my training and maybe a few tips for fight preperation :thumbsup:.

Guys I train 6 days a week as follows and due to school I can only do one particualr training session on one given day:

I feel that I should run more. I take no more than 30mins to finish my jog with a 150-160BPM heart rate. Should I up the distance or the pace of my jog to prepare better for the fight? I will fight 3 rounds (4 if it is a draw). Thanks a million!
I think you need to do a bit more boxing mate :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your reply guys!

I will do boxing on wednesdays too...and on Mondays and Fridays I will run 6km before my training. That should be better ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts