Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Joe,

Congratulations on your win over Roy Jones last Saturday night. I’m happy to see that you’re finally getting some overdue credit, and now that you’ve accomplished what you wanted to against Jones and Bernard Hopkins, I think it’s time for you and I to settle some unfinished business.

I’m sure you remember, but if you don’t, you previously agreed to fight me three times in the past, yet all three times you pulled out of the fight due to injury and we never had the opportunity to give the fans the fight they were all waiting to see.

Well, now is the time to make up for all of that, to finally agree to fight me. You’ve done a lot in your career, but for you to truly cement your legacy, you know we must fight.

I’m well aware that the name Chad Dawson has been tossed around, but I already beat him in the ring and the only people who didn’t know it were the judges who rendered the most controversial decision of 2008. In fact, 80 percent of the viewers watching the fight on Showtime felt that I won. But the fans know, Dawson knows, and you know who won that fight.

So fighting Dawson serves no purpose other than giving him a big payday. To truly prove yourself as the best fighter in the world, pound for pound, fight me, the man who knocked out a prime Roy Jones and beat Antonio Tarver, two accomplishments you can’t claim.

We both know that there is a lot more money for you to make if you fight me.

You know who I am Joe, and my resume speaks for itself. Let’s do this, not only for our legacies, but for the fans.

I have been to England three times. I won the World Title there. Your fans know me, all of England knows me. Nobody knows who Chad Dawson is!

Any time you want, I would love to fight you in Wales. I will be there as soon as you invite me.

Respectfully,

“The Road Warrior” Glen Johnson

·
Registered
168 Posts
This is a fight I would love to see. Calzaghe can retire if he wants to, but he's still in his prime and if he wants to be considered one of the all-time greats, he needs to clean out the light-heavyweight division, which would mean a rematch against Hopkins, and fights against Johnson and Dawson.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want joe calzaghe to fight dawson because it will be a tough fight and he can prove the doubters but this fight may be exciting too with their respective styles gelling well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
This would be a great fight, but I really think that JC will thoroughly dominate the slow of foot Glen Johnson. Too fast, too busy and simply too good for Johnson at any time in their career's.
Johnson falls short against every very good fighter, what makes anyone really think he could beat a great one?

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
This would be a great fight, but I really think that JC will thoroughly dominate the slow of foot Glen Johnson. Too fast, too busy and simply too good for Johnson at any time in their career's.
Johnson falls short against every very good fighter, what makes anyone really think he could beat a great one?
He didn't fall short against the young phenom Dawson. I had the Road Warrior winning 115-114. I knew he was screwed from the outset. His record is 48-12-2, but it should be more like 54-5-3. It's hard to believe that the guy who got stopped by Hopkins was the same guy knocking out Roy Jones and taking Dawson to the brink and further.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
He didn't fall short against the young phenom Dawson. I had the Road Warrior winning 115-114. I knew he was screwed from the outset. His record is 48-12-2, but it should be more like 54-5-3. It's hard to believe that the guy who got stopped by Hopkins was the same guy knocking out Roy Jones and taking Dawson to the brink and further.
Agreed. I saw those Woods fights, Johnson should not have come out of them 1-1-1. Calzaghe has never faced someone like Johnson, that won't gas or suddenly become afraid to throw. Johnson will match Calzaghe's stamina and throw punches in bunches without getting discouraged. In England, the most likely event is the judges giving Slappy a close decision win, even though Johnson would win more rounds.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
In short, you scored the fight wrong. 7-5 to Dawson is the only way to score it. You're more off than the judges were who had it 8-4 for Dawson.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Old Joe is getting offers from all over huh? Johnson deserves a shot I wonder if Joe will risk his O

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
If Johnson struggled with Dawson he's gonna lose a lopsided decision to Calzaghe. No offense to Dawson fans but Calzaghe is at least as fast and accurate as Dawson so his tremendeous punch output will be the difference. Johnson will pressure Calzaghe like he's never been pressured before though and Calzaghe loves to come forward. The more Johnson will try to take Calzaghe's head off the more he'll get countered from left and right.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
What a ridiculous comment. "The only way to score it"? Who are you, the Pope? I had Johnson winning narrowly also.
When it comes to scoring fights I'm the pope, the president, and the queen of ******* england :laugh:. On a slightly serious note however from what I've seen I scream robbery less than anyone on these forums when it comes to who judges scored the fight for, whether it be for my fighter or not. In all honesty I was rooting for Johnson to knock Dawson out in this fight after he wobbled him the first time :laugh:, but he was never even able to get a knock down, so he lost. This fight is nearly entirely only disputed among fans.

If Johnson struggled with Dawson he's gonna lose a lopsided decision to Calzaghe. No offense to Dawson fans but Calzaghe is at least as fast and accurate as Dawson so his tremendeous punch output will be the difference. Johnson will pressure Calzaghe like he's never been pressured before though and Calzaghe loves to come forward. The more Johnson will try to take Calzaghe's head off the more he'll get countered from left and right.
1) He's not as accurate as Dawson
2) He's not as tall or as long as Dawson, Johnson can get in easier
3) Chad Dawson peppered Johnson with clean crisp punches all night, and he still walked through them and kept pressing. Calzaghe's pitty patts will be completely disrespected and won't slow Johnson down at all.

All that said, he still may never catch up to Calzaghe. Calzaghe is more of a continuously get in and get out fighter than Dawson who elected to bang with Johnson often enough. If Johnson just follows him around the ring all night he will most certainly lose. If he backs him up onto the ropes or a corner however, I give him a damn good chance.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
When it comes to scoring fights I'm the pope, the president, and the queen of ******* england :laugh:. On a slightly serious note however from what I've seen I scream robbery less than anyone on these forums when it comes to who judges scored the fight for, whether it be for my fighter or not. In all honesty I was rooting for Johnson to knock Dawson out in this fight after he wobbled him the first time :laugh:, but he was never even able to get a knock down, so he lost. This fight is nearly entirely only disputed among fans.

1) He's not as accurate as Dawson
2) He's not as tall or as long as Dawson, Johnson can get in easier
3) Chad Dawson peppered Johnson with clean crisp punches all night, and he still walked through them and kept pressing. Calzaghe's pitty patts will be completely disrespected and won't slow Johnson down at all.

All that said, he still may never catch up to Calzaghe. Calzaghe is more of a continuously get in and get out fighter than Dawson who elected to bang with Johnson often enough. If Johnson just follows him around the ring all night he will most certainly lose. If he backs him up onto the ropes or a corner however, I give him a damn good chance.
Dawson is a prospect, don't compare him to a seasoned veteren like Joe Calzaghe

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
This is a fight i would love to see,it couldn't fail to be a great fight with neither man taking a backward step.:D
....But Calzaghe is going to be taking backward steps from the first round to the last. He'll shoot in to throw a combination sure, but he'll immediately get the hell out and backtrack.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts