Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Would you want a forum added that covered all boxing outside of America?

• yes

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • no

Votes: 14 70.0%
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reason why I am bringing this up is, there is a lot of boxing outside of America. Aussie, British, and Euro.

We a poll taken a few short weeks ago. Fourteen said no to the Euro, Aussie suggestions. Seven said yes to Euro, and two said add both.

If the seven people are serious, that is enough to add such a forum.

I dont want to get into the British forum and what happened to it at this time.

In a global forum, all boxing outside of America can be done.

I am leaving this poll up for 30 days. By that time we can get a good idea if you want such a forum or not.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The staff need to do whats best for the site here and not what the members think. Sometimes the members mean well but dont have the faintest idea whats what. Add the british boxing forum back in. Maybe name it british and commonwealth boxing forum. It will get listed on all search engines and british fans are watching the fights in droves these days. people will be typing in key words like british boxing forums all the time. I know ive done it in the past. Other sites like BS.com will be getting all the action now. The amount of british posters has increased massively since that section was added.

Also, Europeans watch a LOT of british boxing.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know Tommy, but why add a forum if a members dont support it? That is why I am doing a poll. To get a general idea.

If I knew a global forum would get decent support, I would do it right now. I am unsure if it will. So therefore the 30 day poll.

Eight days was not long enough to gauge real interest.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I know Tommy, but why add a forum if a members dont support it? That is why I am doing a poll. To get a general idea.

If I knew a global forum would get decent support, I would do it right now. I am unsure if it will. So therefore the 30 day poll.

Eight days was not long enough to gauge real interest.
Fact is though Roger, it brings members in just by being there.

Mods are also quick to move posts from forum to forum so if there was a brit domestic fight in the general section it could be moved to british thus generating posts.

In time it would pick up. There a new season of boxing about to kick off on Sky next month where there will be dometic fights on every week.

It was busier than other forums we have on the board too.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Mods are also quick to move posts from forum to forum so if there was a brit domestic fight in the general section it could be moved to british thus generating posts.

In time it would pick up. There a new season of boxing about to kick off on Sky next month where there will be dometic fights on every week.

I see no proof of that at all. The forum is growing bigger on its own. The lounge brings more people in than you'd think.

Everyone is here to talk boxing, it doesnt matter where it takes place. Having one main area is the best way to go about it. I've never even stepped into this british boxing section.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I for one am not jumping from section to section to talk about certain fighters. I wish we could see the votes, I'd hate to see some alts in there which I'm afraid of already.
:rolleyes:

Yeah, its very time consuming Lance.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I see no proof of that at all. The forum is growing bigger on its own. The lounge brings more people in than you'd think.

Everyone is here to talk boxing, it doesnt matter where it takes place. Having one main area is the best way to go about it. I've never even stepped into this british boxing section.
Yeah you have no proof, of course you dont. You never had access to the Admin Cp like me Shane or Roger....I used to check things like that all the time.

And yes, British posters on here picked up BIG TIME after that was introduced.

Our fighters are the most followed in boxing. Thats just a fact.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Not exactly true. If a forum is here, yes, guests will browse it, I will give you that; however, if no one posts in it, or the forum appears slow...guests will just browse.

Yes, that is what mods should do.

I think such a forum would do well, in time.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

I did. But than I saw a post that was made a month ago was still new. So I knew the place was a grave yard.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Not exactly true. If a forum is here, yes, guests will browse it, I will give you that; however, if no one posts in it, or the forum appears slow...guests will just browse.

Yes, that is what mods should do.

I think such a forum would do well, in time.[/QUOTE]

I dont, I think the british section proved that.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts