Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for having me. I started boxing six months ago and am completely hooked. I'm now looking at buying my first pair of gloves and am looking for some advice. Right now, I am only sparring maybe once every few weeks and am mostly just training and hitting the bag in training classes. Would like an all around glove for sparring and bag work and was directed to a Ringside IMF. Apparently the 16oz is backordered until like Feb.

Now, I'm considering the Everlast Professional Hook/loop training glove. Questions:
Given my status, what glove might you recommend?
Is the Everlast Prof Training a good choice?
Should I buy a bag glove instead of a training glove and just use the gym's gloves for the little bit of sparring I'm doing now?
I also have a bad left wrist so any glove with a little wrist protection might work.

thx in advance.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I would reccomend your second idea. Buy a good quality pair of bag gloves, and use the gyms sparring gloves. You dont want to use the same pair of gloves for both sparring and bag work. All of that bag work breaks down sparring gloves quickly and makes them much less protective in the ring.
I would also recommend the IMF Tech Ringside gloves as they are the best I've ever used, but since they are backordered I would try the Title GEL gloves. I really like them, and they are great quality.

Title Boxing Equipment: Punching bags, boxing gloves, boxing gear & boxing supplies at discount prices.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Also, since were on the topic of gloves. How do you determine what size gloves you need for bag work,sparring, and matchs? Just curious if you would use the same weight for all three or train with a heavier pair? I have no clue

thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just use 16 oz gloves all the time now, unless prepping for a fight when I'll use 10oz for pad work - whay get used to anything else??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Best boxing gloves and equipment

some of the best gloves available on the market are the cleyto reyes ones. I agree that you should use separate gloves for sparring and also for bag work as they do get broken down easily but if you get yourself a quality boxing glove it will last you.

As i do i will shamelessly pimp one of mine for you on here....but they are qualiy and will last you well.

Boxing Equipment:Boxing Gloves:Boxi...ags,headguards,medicine balls,adidas,lonsdale

1 - 12 of 12 Posts