Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Good to read through the posts and see you guys are very helpful with questions, would like to add my own please.

After many years I'm returning to Boxing, and unfortunately there is no way I am going to be able to squeeze my adult hand into my old 16 year old boxing gloves!

In terms of contact I'll only go as far as Sparing, but given I've grown to 6 ft 4 inches, 230 pounds and I have fairly large hands (I have to use Lonsdale XL size bag gloves currently), me thinks I'm going to need a pretty heavy glove. Some of my sparing partners probably will not be the best, so high oz again me thinks. Am based in the UK, so may be difficult to get my hands on some of the US labels, but will try if you guys recommend them.

cheers, Amos

p.s. Quite easy to get Adidas gloves here, but they only go up to 16 oz

Sugar Ray's Boxing Store :: Gloves ( Sparring & Bag Gloves) :: Sparring Gloves :: Velcro Sparring Glove :: adidas 'ADISTAR' Training Boxing Gloves : boxing equipment,Everlast, boxing gear, boxing store, boxing shop, boxing gloves, boxi

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Haven't actually tried Adidas, Reebok, Lonsdale, Green Hill Club, BBE, Ampro, Pro-Box, or the high end of Top Tens.
I don't think you could go wrong with the higher end pairs of Lonsdales or Top Tens.
I think 16 ounces should be enough for you, but go with 18s if you want to be conservative, and if you really want to be safe get the Lonsdale safety gloves.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts