Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've read a few things lately that involve Golden Boy Promotions and the RIng Magazine Titles. There newest idea is to face Casamayor with Juan Diaz and katsidis with Chavez. This will possibly happen in September. THe winners of those fights will face eachother at the end of this year or early next year. Nate Campbell (who is not Golden boy promoted) is being left out of the fold even though he is the recognized champ by the majority of the sanctioning bodies.

This is a little more than fishy. This is obvious favoritism and absolute BS.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Golden Boy is not ruining boxing. Thats insane. They have actually helped it alot. They have put on majority of the good fights in the last few years. They are a fighter first organization and thats going to help boxing succeed...that and their terrific fight cards that they need to keep putting on.

I hate the Ring Magazine title so they don't matter to me.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Absolutely gets screwed. He put on a hell of a performance against a guy that was a big name on the P4P rankings. He deserves a chance to be the undisputed champ.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...bump...

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Golden boy are doing alot of things but ruining boxing is not one of them.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Casamayor is the champ at 135, its as simple as that!

He's already beat Nate so regardless of how many titles Nate has he is just a strap holder.

This little tourny at 135 sounds very nice.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Casamayor is the champ at 135, its as simple as that!

He's already beat Nate so regardless of how many titles Nate has he is just a strap holder.

This little tourny at 135 sounds very nice.
I agree 100%. The lightweight division runs through Joel Casamayor. Not Nate Campbell.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I've read a few things lately that involve Golden Boy Promotions and the RIng Magazine Titles. There newest idea is to face Casamayor with Juan Diaz and katsidis with Chavez. This will possibly happen in September. THe winners of those fights will face eachother at the end of this year or early next year. Nate Campbell (who is not Golden boy promoted) is being left out of the fold even though he is the recognized champ by the majority of the sanctioning bodies.

This is a little more than fishy. This is obvious favoritism and absolute BS.
As much as people wanted to recognize Juan Diaz as the real champ at 135 I understand where YOU are coming from, but I think this is fine. Casamayor is the man at 35 until he gets beat. That's it. Campbell is just a strap holder.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Basically what I am focusing on is the fact it seems Golden Boy is making sure fighters from their stable stick to fighting other Golden Boy fighters. We as fans, are going to miss out on a ton of great match-ups if they continue this. The true history of boxing in our time will not be written truthfully. We need to see fights like Casamayor and Campbell. Neither one of those guys is the fighter they were when they first met.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Unfortunately power corrupts and there's not a damm thing we can do about it, except bitch and argue with one another.
When DLH and his partners began Goden Boy promotions I'm sure it was with the best intentions in the world, now that they're at the top of the world, their priorities are methodicaly changing, soon it will be ovious, our way or the high way... one million for you, 20 millions for us :laugh:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Basically what I am focusing on is the fact it seems Golden Boy is making sure fighters from their stable stick to fighting other Golden Boy fighters. We as fans, are going to miss out on a ton of great match-ups if they continue this. The true history of boxing in our time will not be written truthfully. We need to see fights like Casamayor and Campbell. Neither one of those guys is the fighter they were when they first met.
Don King (Campbell promoter) is not exactly the easiest guy to make fights with. I don't blame Golden Boy for not going out there way to deal with him. Golden Boy is the future of boxing. And I have no problem with that

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm sure Don King resents the hell out of Golden boy, and wish they would leave the planet, unfortunately for him and what ever fighter has the misfortune of being handle by him, they're not going anywhere...:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Talking about guys being left out.. Well what about Armando Santa Cruz? the uncrowned champ, we all know he would've won if wasnt for that BS scoring. Maybe we can argue casa would've won if not the ringrust, but Santa Cruz won that fight.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think Casamayuor and Campbell should fight as well. It's fight I would love to see but who knows what'll happen.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Talking about guys being left out.. Well what about Armando Santa Cruz? the uncrowned champ, we all know he would've won if wasnt for that BS scoring. Maybe we can argue casa would've won if not the ringrust, but Santa Cruz won that fight.
I think Casamayor beat Areclino Freitas and Jose Luis Castillo when they fought. But it means nothing now. Cruz has no choice but to get back in line.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think boxing was ruined before he arrived.

I was hoping he would be a shining light and lead the march for change.
Unfortunately i can't help feeling all the good intentions have "Gotten lost in Translation"

Badger

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Golden Boy is not ruining boxing. Thats insane. They have actually helped it alot. They have put on majority of the good fights in the last few years. They are a fighter first organization and thats going to help boxing succeed...that and their terrific fight cards that they need to keep putting on.

I hate the Ring Magazine title so they don't matter to me.
I disagree. Well Golden Boy is a good promoting company as a whole but Oscar is ruining boxing right now. Because of the money he brings in every fight noone would turn him down. He's getting fights he doesn't deserve. The rematch with Floyd is pointless but I can't blame Floyd for going after the paper. I respect Oscar and the fact that he always wanted to fight the best but the guy lost 3 of his last 5, hasn't won a fight in 2 years, is hardly on anyone's top 10 P4P list and he can basically show up in any division and fight whoever he wants regardless of the rankings or if there are better matchups. He should give us a great performance and hang them up. That would help boxing.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
maybe we should write them a letter of protest as a hole,and make ourselves known to them, who knows perhaps in time as we grow we might gain some leverage and be able to influence some of their deceition making, after all are'nt we the ones who paid for it all, surely is about time we had a say in what we would like to see happen....no?

1 - 20 of 83 Posts