Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A purse bid was held on Monday at WBO Headquarters in San Juan, Puerto Rico for the mandatory lightweight clash between super champion Juan Diaz and interim champion Michael Katsidis. The right to promote the bout was won by the sole bidder Golden Boy Promotions, which bid $1,500,000. The proposed site for the contest is Houston, TX with the stated tentative date the weekend of January 26. The split will be 80/20 ($1,200,000.00 for Diaz and $300,000.00 for Katsidis. The parties must have their contracts signed in ten days from the date of the Purse Bid. If Juan Diaz fails to comply with the purse bid commitment by not signing the contract, Katsidis would immediately become the champion. If Katsidis fails to sign, then Diaz would have up to 18 Months to comply with his mandatory obligation.

Looks like Diaz will be home for this fight and hes getting all the money.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Glad Goldenboy won it. This should be a great fight! I think Diaz will stop Kastidis but I dont see the Ausie giving up on his stool like Freitas did or being a pushover like Julio Diaz.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thepowerdavies said:
Glad Goldenboy won it. This should be a great fight! I think Diaz will stop Kastidis but I dont see the Ausie giving up on his stool like Freitas did or being a pushover like Julio Diaz.
i agree 2000%. Diaz will go through him like hot butter.

·
Registered
142 Posts
prettyboywho said:
i agree 2000%. Diaz will go through him like hot butter.
I dont think so .. Katsidis by way of KO round 4 or 5 . Easy fight for him .
If you havent seen much of Katsidis , then dont go by the last fight . He was blind in his right eye from round 2 , so his fight plan had to change ...except for the ultimate gaol ...to win . He still did enough damage to cause bleeding from the brain ... Too powerful for Diaz. will man-handle him around the ring before he finishes him.
This fight will hopefully silence the critics , if not when he floors Pac-man surely everyone will finally stand up and take notice ??
:dunno:
Who want a bet ??? ....come on ?? ... I havent got many points but I will put them all up !

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
If you havent seen much of Katsidis , then dont go by the last fight . He was blind in his right eye from round 2 , so his fight plan had to change ...except for the ultimate gaol ...to win . He still did enough damage to cause bleeding from the brain ... Too powerful for Diaz. will man-handle him around the ring before he finishes him.
This fight will hopefully silence the critics , if not when he floors Pac-man surely everyone will finally stand up and take notice ??
Who want a bet ??? ....come on ?? ... I havent got many points but I will put them all up !
I will see you for those points!!!

Believe me ive seen Kastidis and have stood up and noticed but I believe the Baby Bull will KO him. Bet on??

·
Registered
142 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
I will see you for those points!!!

Believe me ive seen Kastidis and have stood up and noticed but I believe the Baby Bull will KO him. Bet on??
Its on !... how about all of my points matched by you , after the fight is over . I wont bet on anything until after I take all your points off you ! :laugh: ...too easy.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mat Gillam said:
:laugh: Yea bet me your 2k. I dont want to leave you totally broke.

·
Registered
142 Posts
thepowerdavies said:
ur on all 2,104.99 of it!
Its only 2000 because I dont have all day to bludge and sit on the forum ... and this will be my first bet on here . So .. after I double points from taking yours , I will start to chop the big boys down . :D ...

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mat Gillam said:
Its only 2000 because I dont have all day to bludge and sit on the forum ... and this will be my first bet on here . So .. after I double points from taking yours , I will start to chop the big boys down . :D ...
SURE!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
prettyboywho said:
I thought that i better put that in , just in case one of the big bosses reads the forum ! ... ha ha ah ! ...Gee better get back to work , Phew , busy as per usual ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........:laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mat Gillam said:
I thought that i better put that in , just in case one of the big bosses reads the forum ! ... ha ha ah ! ...Gee better get back to work , Phew , busy as per usual ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........:laugh:
How would your bosses read the forum shouldnt they be doing work too? :laugh:

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Mat Gillam said:
Well, the kids got spunk. You gotta like that!

I love Katsidis's style in the ring as well, but I just don't know if he can get past Diaz's solid fundamentals. Diaz is a very good counter-puncher and combination puncher.

You know, I'm also surprised that the fight is taking place so soon. January?? I hope Katsidis' cuts have had enough time to fully heal, or its gonna be another bloody night. I would have thought maybe March would've been more appropriate.

What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Captainobvious said:
Well, the kids got spunk. You gotta like that!

I love Katsidis's style in the ring as well, but I just don't know if he can get past Diaz's solid fundamentals. Diaz is a very good counter-puncher and combination puncher.

You know, I'm also surprised that the fight is taking place so soon. January?? I hope Katsidis' cuts have had enough time to fully heal, or its gonna be another bloody night. I would have thought maybe March would've been more appropriate.

What do you guys think?
I think its gonna be a bloody night regardless. Diaz will beat him till he quits or the ref stops the fight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts