Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The star of welterweight Alfonso Gomez continued to rise on Tuesday night at the Home Depot Center in Carson, CA. Gomez (18-3-2, 8 KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over aggressive former world title challenger Ben Tackie (29-8-1, 17 KOs) on Tuesday night at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California. Gomez outworked Tackie to claim a 97-93, 98-92, 98-92 win. There is talk of a Gomez vs Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. bout in early 2008.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
That would be an awesome match and i would like to see it as a co main event one some huge card like Pacman vs Diaz or something like that, but i would be going with Chavez in this one by mid round tko.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree with you 1000% but Im gonna go out on a limb and pick Gomez to win the UD.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
JC jr got potential (even though he only fought low level opposition) and he got much more ring experience than Gomez. There is some hype around Gomez since the contender show and especially after his win against a washed up Gatti. In my opinion the winner will expose the one who couldn't live up to his hype or his name...
JCC jr by 8th round stoppage.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Win or lose I can see both fighters gaining from this fight. I cant see either one being written off after this fight.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Balistik said:
True but if Gomez loses he will have a hard getting a big fight let alone a title shot.
you right about that.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigDigga said:
he'll still make decent purses should he lose to chavez, and be relegated to gatekeeper status.
you right about that too.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Neither guy is that impressive to me, but I guess Chavez is the best of the non-impressive. I'd have to go with Chavez Jr.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
gomez has an unbeleivable chin, he's one of those guys thats just never gonna get ko'd and he has a great will to win.

gomez wins this war on points.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TommyGunn said:
gomez has an unbeleivable chin, he's one of those guys thats just never gonna get ko'd and he has a great will to win.

gomez wins this war on points.
Agreed 100%:thumbsup:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Balistik said:
Against JCC jr he'll need an unbelievable midsection...
If they fight Gomez will kick Chavez's ass

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Balistik said:
He can outpoint him yeah but ain't no way he's gonna hurt him.
What??? Gomez could hurt him bad.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts