Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I read it in the magazine. I was a little surprised how despondent he got after the loss, of course curing it with alcohol is stupid, but that's his style.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What issue was that I don't recall it.

The Mayweather fight really messed him up emotionally it would seem, I guess anybody would have a hard time recouping from that. I guess the biggest question is whether or not he will be the same guy at 140, or did he leave his balls back in Vegas?

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What issue was that I don't recall it.

The Mayweather fight really messed him up emotionally it would seem, I guess anybody would have a hard time recouping from that. I guess the biggest question is whether or not he will be the same guy at 140, or did he leave his balls back in Vegas?

If he dismantles lazcano it's a fair guess that Ricky is back in true form. If he wins in a not so amazing way he is probably ok but really not the fighter we (his fans) used to love to watch. And if he loses or barely scrapes by, well...he needs to hang them up.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If Mayweather has taken the same affect on Hatton, say that BHop had on Tito, or Foreman had on Moorer, his edge is gone, and the next guy he fights at his level will eat him up.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have no respect or sympathy for someone who drowns their sorrows with a bottle.

You sound like moralman :rolleyes:

Do you have sympathy for inner city folks that can't get a decent education? Alcoholism is a disease that needs attention. Just cause you don't drink or drug doesn't allow you the right to chastise others.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I read it in the magazine. I was a little surprised how despondent he got after the loss, of course curing it with alcohol is stupid, but that's his style.
As Tommy will no doubt tell you, you can take what you read in the Mirror, Star & Sun with a grain of salt. Best thing about the sun were the page 3 topless babes lol

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hatton's done.
Lance your stupidity amazes me at times If Hattons done over the Mayweather loss Con man Jones Jr is already cremated after getting starched twice in a row by Tarver & Johnson. At least Hatton was beaten by the fighter you call P4P best in all time

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yeah Hatton moving up and getting housed by FM doesn't justify him being finished. When and if he starts getting creamed by guys at 140 than he is finished.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I think he would continue to do well against other Brits...Except Witter. Seems he wants no part of him. That is if the boozing and huge weight gains between fights don't do him in.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think he would continue to do well against other Brits...Except Witter. Seems he wants no part of him. That is if the boozing and huge weight gains between fights don't do him in.

He'd smash witter. The end. Stupid argument. Just as stupid as Floyd Ducking Cotto.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I don't know, I've never seen him fight, but apparently he's got a tricky awkward style which is exactly what would give Hatton fits. That's the last thing he needs after Mayweather.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Whens the last time hatton smashed a top level guy? And past his best kostya and castillo, and those were hardly smashings.

G

·
So what if Hatton was drinking on holiday? What I'm concerned about is how he is handling the whole situation. I think he needs to get himself together and recover mentally from the nature that KO, or esle it's over from him. I think his next two fights are going to give us a clear picture of where Hatton is going with his career.

The Malignaggi fight is key and I honestly think he'll beat him and set up a rematch with Mayweather. Then he'll have to change his tactics and throw more punches to the body aswell as keep a cool head throughout the fight. If he does this it'll be a much closer contest.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts