Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i'm new here and thought i'd start by asking you all which knockout punch would you consider to be the greatest..
My personal favorite would have to be when Thomas Hearns knocked out Roberto Duran in 1982(i think)..

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Thats a great knockout punch. One of my recent favs with little significance would be miranda vs banks.

Someone is bound to mention marciano vs walcott.

I will mention roy jones hands behind back ko of glen kelly I believe.

Floyd's check hook over hatton ( even though it wasnt the final blow )

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hi, i'm new here and thought i'd start by asking you all which knockout punch would you consider to be the greatest..
My personal favorite would have to be when Thomas Hearns knocked out Roberto Duran in 1982(i think)..
One of my very fav knockout punches was the glorious left hook landed by Gene Mad Dog Hatcher on Johnny Bumphus. Though it wasnt tech a KO it sure had Bumphus doing the spaghetti legged chicken dance LOL.
Gene was supposed to be just a warm up for Bumphus, but nobody told Gene that, and Bumphus was ahead at the time. I'll never forget poor old Lou Duva he just about had a coronary seeing his pride and joy lose his WBA title. Gene calls that hook The Hook from Heaven.
He said he prayed for the chance and God granted it him :) Great guy Gene

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
The one that pops up is Allen Green v Jaidon Codrington. After he knocks his azz out, him just laying half in, half out of the ring.

·
Banned
57 Posts
In recent years its gotta be zab by Kostya Tszyu. Also, the juan Urango vs somebody or other recently was brilliant but almost sickening.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I'd say Hopkins KO over Trinidad was one I really liked. Not the greatest KO but I think it was a great end to an entertaining fight.

Rahman ko'ing Lewis was good, fluke.. but very nice punch. Tarver ko of Jones was one I hated because had Jones not gone to heavyweight and back down, he never would have been able to do that. I also liked the Tyson ko of Spinks, loved how as soon as the count finished Spinks didn't even move, just got knocked straight back down :laugh:

Berto's first knockdown of Rodriguez was great. (ok, not the final punch but still great :D).

1 - 20 of 43 Posts