Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fight has been talked about numerous times in the past, however it has never come to fruition. Super middleweight contender Allen Green does not wish to wait any longer and is offering his services on May 31st against Jeff Lacy, who is scheduled to be featured on that PPV card. "We got the call from your people asking if we wanted to fight, we said yes," said Green. "Now I am hearing you don't want the fight, it is sad you have done this to me again! You cant weasel your to a title shot without fighting someone. Every other super middleweight is booked, the only option is to fight me. Your promoter called us, they said they would call back and they haven't."

Green is coming off a ten round decision win over Rubin Williams this past January. Lacy, 23-1, 17 KO's, is coming off a ten round win over former Contender star Peter Manfredo, Jr. "If Jeff Lacy wasn't scared we would be fighting May 31st, it would already be announced," said Green, 26-1, 18 KO's. "Just like we should have fought when he called me out the last time and I accepted. If you wanna be a fighter then lets fight. If you wanna be a punk then go play ping pong."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Will Green turn up?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im gonna ride with Green

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Before Calzaghe Ruined Lacy i would have picked him to brutaly stop green. Now, i make the fight 50-50. I dont know if Lacy can ever get that agression back he once had. He looked shot against Manfredo.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before Calzaghe Ruined Lacy i would have picked him to brutaly stop green. Now, i make the fight 50-50. I dont know if Lacy can ever get that agression back he once had. He looked shot against Manfredo.
He is shot.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Just after watching Calzaghe playing volleyball with his head, you could see him mentally collapsing in the last couple of rounds.

If he ever wins another world title I'll have nothing but respect for the bloke but really he looks finished.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
man it's not like any can say "well Lacy just looked bad in his last fight, he'll bounce back" he has looked bad in his last few fights compared to where he once was, so I have to go with Green as well. Lacy does appear shot.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He's having flash backs in sparring, Calzaghe ruined him.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
This fight is not happening, at least thats not gonna be Lcy's next fight.. Main reason is because Green remains suspended for his withdraw against Antwun Echols..

Lacy will fight next in May 31, he will be in the undercard of the Shane Mosley x Zab Judah fight.His opponent TBA

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
How long is Green out for? According to what he's saying he'll be able to fight Lacy on May 31st. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
5. Jeff Lacy (23-1)

The former titleholder probably will appear on Golden Boy's May 31 HBO PPV card headlined by Shane Mosley vs. Zab Judah, but unfortunately it won't be against Allan Green.
Next: TBA.

6. Allan Green (26-1)

A proposed May 31 match with Lacy won't happen. One reason is because Green remains suspended after his unacceptable withdrawal from a Feb. 29 ESPN2 main event against Antwun Echols without a legitimate reason.
Next: TBA.

espn.com

1 - 20 of 41 Posts