Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just trying to hype this fight a little more around here...it IS THIS Saturday remember?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like them too. They're my favorite dudes to watch of all the shows. Do you comment? I'm bball122 on there...

·
Registered
368 Posts
the guy in the orange shirt said that Cotto has goten hurt before but what he forgot to point out is that everytime that Cotto gets hurt he duplicates the punishment and beats the oponent, and he was wrong when he said that Cotto gets tired on the later rounds, i mean, wasnt it in the 11th round where he KO judah? and how many times has he gone to distance? Cotto can outbox Margy for 12 rounds if he has too, just like he did to Mosley(wich is a far better boxer then Margy)

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
the guy in the orange shirt said that Cotto has goten hurt before but what he forgot to point out is that everytime that Cotto gets hurt he duplicates the punishment and beats the oponent, and he was wrong when he said that Cotto gets tired on the later rounds, i mean, wasnt it in the 11th round where he KO judah? and how many times has he gone to distance? Cotto can outbox Margy for 12 rounds if he has too, just like he did to Mosley(wich is a far better boxer then Margy)
That would be a bad strategy. A guy like Margarito you gotta stop him on his tracks with hard shots and trade with him from time to time. Cotto is not slick enough to constantly move for 12 rounds without getting hit much and Margarito would get overconfident and throw haymakers. Even if they don't land some judges like that.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I think Cotto hits harder than cintron in fighting mode. All his punchers hurt, Cintron hits harder when he loads up with that right hand. Which he rarely ever gets off. Cotto throws taht hook with conviction man to the body.

·
Registered
735 Posts
He also claims margy has NEVER been hurt, wrong....
I think it was you who posted the video of maargarito doing the chicken dance against santos. Cotto did not get tired in the last rounds of the mosley fight. he ran because Mosley gave him a bad cut with a headbutt. he wasnt going to risk it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wrong he ran because of the body shot that Mosley landed on him. You have to be the all time most biased poster here. Cotto could shoot Jesus and you'd say it was awesome.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Wrong he ran because of the body shot that Mosley landed on him. You have to be the all time most biased poster here. Cotto could shoot Jesus and you'd say it was awesome.
He was getting tagged by Mosley but I don't think he was hurt by one single shot. He was just feeling Mosley's power and he sensed that Shane was going for the kill so he decided to fight smart. If he ran then Floyd, Whitaker and Leonard ran a lot.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
basically cotto outboxed him much of the first half and he knew shane was coming for him. shane seemed to understand cotto's timing with the jab and move abit more and came in with some harder shots. cotto boxed smart and no one predicted that cotto could outbox shane with his jab. speed-wise cotto wasn't that slow. it's gonna be a great fight.

·
Registered
368 Posts
you all are talking about how great Mosely did against Cotto and how his punches hurted Cotto and how Cotto ran but if u watch the fight again you can see how Cotto hurt Sugar with his left hooks and straigh right hands and body shots and had Sugar running away in the middle rounds, so why not Cotto run in the later rounds :cool:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I hate this show with a passion, all they do is yelling and most of the time they are wrong. And that midget is really annmoying somone should stomp him to the ground so he will shut up :(

Awww im being too harsh, they do know what they are talking about most of the time i just cant stand the chaos and all four of them trying to yell louder than the next one. And i cant wait to see what they have to say when Cotto does better on the inside then Margy :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
He was getting tagged by Mosley but I don't think he was hurt by one single shot. He was just feeling Mosley's power and he sensed that Shane was going for the kill so he decided to fight smart. If he ran then Floyd, Whitaker and Leonard ran a lot.
I just said run because they did. My bad. Cotto ain't a runner.
I hate this show with a passion, all they do is yelling and most of the time they are wrong. And that midget is really annmoying somone should stomp him to the ground so he will shut up :(

Awww im being too harsh, they do know what they are talking about most of the time i just cant stand the chaos and all four of them trying to yell louder than the next one. And i cant wait to see what they have to say when Cotto does better on the inside then Margy :)
I like these guys because they don't just sit still and bland you to death. They need to work on the passing of the mic so to speak, because all of them yelling at once gets annoying as hell.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I just said run because they did. My bad. Cotto ain't a runner.

I like these guys because they don't just sit still and bland you to death. They need to work on the passing of the mic so to speak, because all of them yelling at once gets annoying as hell.
Oh yeah, the yelling is the bad part of it... Its chaotic but they do talk some good stuff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts