Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, Gatti against Wilson Rodriguez and Gabriel Ruelas come to mind right off the bat. Rodriguez dropped Gatti in round two and with his eye in a bad way and closing fast, Gatti returned the favor in round five, before finishing him in six. In the fight with Ruelas, Gatti took the most consecutive punches I've ever seen someone take without going down. He survived 'til the end of the fourth round, then came back and knocked Ruelas out in the next round.

What about you guys?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Pavlik over Taylor I.

Cotto over Torres.

Holt over Torres.

Pac/Marquez I ( marquez )

Corrales over Castillo I

Oscar's 12th round against Quartey.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The gutsiest performance I have seen that most may not even touch on: Julio Gonzalez vs. Julian Letterlough(R.I.P.), I saw him get dropped 3 times and 1 of the knockdowns was so brutal that I couldn't imagine the ref or his corner allowing him to continue. He marched on and dropped Letterlough twice. They both fought like animals and threw over 1950 punches over 12 rounds(a 175lb. record). But Gonzalez really dug deep to pull out the UD and preserve his undefeated record.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Marciano going out in the 8th against Charles in the rematch.

Frazier in the first Foreman fight. He just kept getting up.

LaMotta against Robinson on the St. Valentines day masacre.

Castillo in the first Coralles fight.

Galento against Louis. There was just no quit in "Two Ton" Tony.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The gutsiest performance I have seen that most may not even touch on: Julio Gonzalez vs. Julian Letterlough(R.I.P.), I saw him get dropped 3 times and 1 of the knockdowns was so brutal that I couldn't imagine the ref or his corner allowing him to continue. He marched on and dropped Letterlough twice. They both fought like animals and threw over 1950 punches over 12 rounds(a 175lb. record). But Gonzalez really dug deep to pull out the UD and preserve his undefeated record.
That's a great one you pulled out of the vaults! As grainy as my copy of it is, I treasure it like few other fights.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
A recent one is Danny Williams who kept fighting with a dislocated shoulder and knocked his opponent out with one arm.
I was going to say the same thing in the Hopkins-Echols I (where B-Hop forced the fight to continue after getting his shoulder dislocated, and ended up TKOing Echols late into the fight) and no doubt the St. Valentine's Day Massacre between LaMotta and SRR.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How about the second half of Harry Greb's career which he fought with one eye after being thumbed and suffering a detached retina which led to him going blind. And if that wasn't enough, he lost some of the vision in his good eye as well.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I was going to say the same thing in the Hopkins-Echols I (where B-Hop forced the fight to continue after getting his shoulder dislocated, and ended up TKOing Echols late into the fight)
That moment when Echols looked at the ref like he was about to complain and then hits B-Hop all of a sudden has to be the cheapest shot ever. Gotta protect yourself at all time I know but still...

·
Registered
326 Posts
DLH vs. Tito, Oscar showed tons of heart

LOL

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Moorer-Holyfield I, Holyfield going 10 rounds after suffering a diagnosed heart attack in the 2nd round when he threw a left hook.

Ali in the first Norton fight, Malianaggi in the Cotto fight, you guys mentioned some good ones already

1 - 12 of 12 Posts