Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between 140 and 154.

Hatton at 140
Cotto at 147
Williams at 146
Forrest at 154

Just guesses and since this has been spread about other threads i figured just start a thread.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
id say the smart money would be on floyd in any those fights.

hatton at 140 would be hard though,,,,i would say that though. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Can anyone explain to me why Forrest is even on this list lol.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
wow, i detect a bit of hate in vernons direction,,,,,,the guys clearly A-level guys!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
wow, i detect a bit of hate in vernons direction,,,,,,the guys clearly A-level guys!
LMAO LMAO LMAO THATS THE JOKE OF THE YEAR. THAT WAS FUNNY :laugh:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
He looked very impressive against Baldomir actually. But he doesnt belong on that list, there's just noone else at 154 who can even trouble Floyd. Floyd would beat Hatton at 140, i think it would go the distance but he'd still be the clear winner.

Williams and Cotto at 147 have the best chance.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
forest showed me enough against baldomir to think that he's still a great fighter, he beat him way more impressivly than pbf did IMO.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Between 140 and 154.

Hatton at 140
Cotto at 147
Williams at 146
Forrest at 154

Just guesses and since this has been spread about other threads i figured just start a thread.
Mayweather destroys Hatton at any weight. Cotto would be hard, but Mayweather would still take it. I see a fight with Williams going the same route as Mayweather's fight with Phillip N'dou. As for Forrest? Come on, now. Forrest got his ass whipped by Ike Quartey. But some how got the win. He would have little to no chance against Mayweather

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Mayweather destroys Hatton at any weight. Cotto would be hard, but Mayweather would still take it. I see a fight with Williams going the same route as Mayweather's fight with Phillip N'dou. As for Forrest? Come on, now. Forrest got his ass whipped by Ike Quartey. But some how got the win. He would have little to no chance against Mayweather

i thought quartey got hosed in that one although it was close, vernon had a lot of injury problems at that time and he also had just came back from a long lay off.

he looks fit and strong now and a healthy forrest is trouble for anyone between 147-160.

not saying he beats pbf but he'd give just as much trouble as anyone would,,,,,cotto would be an easy fight for floyd, his style is tailor made for him.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
i thought quartey got hosed in that one although it was close, vernon had a lot of injury problems at that time and he also had just came back from a long lay off.

he looks fit and strong now and a healthy forrest is trouble for anyone between 147-160.

not saying he beats pbf but he'd give just as much trouble as anyone would,,,,,cotto would be an easy fight for floyd, his style is tailor made for him.
I think Cotto would present more of a problem than Forrest. Forrest looked good in his last 2 fights cuz his opponents were made for him.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
No Body because he will not fight any one that could beat him.
Ala Cotto
SSM
Paul williams
oops i already have a very long thread about the guys Duck weather would never fight Sorry. http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-f...uys-floyd-mayweather-jr-will-never-fight.html
I'm not even going to waste my time. You listed Collazo, Clottey, Simms and Judah as guys Mayweather would duck. It's obvious your boxing knowledge is very poor. Those 4 would struggle to even make it competitive against Mayweather. Why would he duck them if they were worthy? Which there not.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I think Cotto would present more of a problem than Forrest. Forrest looked good in his last 2 fights cuz his opponents were made for him.
cotto isnt quick enough on his feet to get near floyd me thinks, he'll eat right hands all night long in the way gatti did and the fight would resemble floyd v hatton.

rickys a lot quicker on his toes than cotto is and even when he got there he couldn't do much damage, cotto would be beaten to a pulp IMO.

forrest is diffrent though, he has great skill, great pop and excellant footwork.....he'd give pbf problems but in the end floyd would find away to win, he always does.

smarts are what its going to take to beat pbf, the pressure fighters have all failed miseribly.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
cotto isnt quick enough on his feet to get near floyd me thinks, he'll eat right hands all night long in the way and the fight would resemble floyd v hatton.

rickys a lot quicker on his toes than cotto is and even when he got there he couldn't do much damage, cotto would be beaten to a pulp IMO.

forrest is diffrent though, he has great skill, great pop and excellant footwork.....he'd give pbf problems but in the end floyd would find away to win, he always does.

smarts are what its going to take to beat pbf, the pressure fighters have all failed miseribly.

i couldn't have summarized it better myself, tommy:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i couldn't have summarized it better myself, tommy:thumbsup:
i hate giving pbf praise but you cant fault him in the ring. :laugh:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
cotto isnt quick enough on his feet to get near floyd me thinks, he'll eat right hands all night long in the way and the fight would resemble floyd v hatton.

I don't think Cotto beats Mayweather. Just that he would give a harder fight than Forrest. If Cotto isn't quick enough to get near Mayweather what makes you think Forrest is? And your right that all pressure fighters have failed miserably against Mayweather. But the tall, rangy fighters (Genaro Hernandez, Phillip N'dou and Diego Corrales) ain't done much better.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts