Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBO junior lightweight champion Joan Guzman (28-0, 17 KOs) fully intends to travel to Scotland to defend his title against interim champion Alex Arthur (26-1, 19 KOs). The fight, which is currently scheduled for May 3 in Edinburgh, Scotland, however, will likely be rescheduled because Guzman is having trouble securing a visa that will allow him to travel to Scotland. "Guzman is not giving up his belt," said Jose Nunez, Guzman's long time manager. "He's worked extremely hard and gone through tremendous sacrifices to become a world champion. He's simply not going to give up his belt. Guzman will go to Scotland and he will successfully defend his title. The date will most likely be pushed back a bit.....rest assured that team Guzman will have all the appropriate paperwork for this fight. We know what has to be done and we understand the time frame that is needed to accomplish this." Sean Gibbons, matchmaker for Guzman's promoter Sycuan Ringside Promotions stated "We are waiting for Frank Warren of Sports Network to give us the new, rescheduled date." Frank Warren won the rights to this championship fight in a WBO purse bid.

G

·
good news for Alex Artur, because he is in for one hell of a beating, steve foster jnr floored him , Guzman will punish this fella. was looking forward to the fight though.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Guzman maybe struggling to make weight, he done the same shiit when he was ment to come over to fight Harrison.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
good news for Alex Artur, because he is in for one hell of a beating, steve foster jnr floored him , Guzman will punish this fella. was looking forward to the fight though.
No doubt. Guzman is going to smash him worse than Gomez did.

G

·
I think Guzman maybe struggling to make weight, he done the same shiit when he was ment to come over to fight Harrison.

true tommy, i hadnt thought of that. sorry mate, i forgot Artur is a good scot aswell so didnt mean to be to cruel on your lad!! however i do think Artur is exciting but at the same time has been woefully exposed in a few fights. the michael gomez fight(while is was an absolute cracker!!) really took aot out of artur. Steve Foster who although was a dirty wee fecker in he fight really hurt him at times in the fight i was suprised Artur got back up tbh. at world level he will get exposed even further. fair play for him taking the fight but i think there is only one winner.

Sorry again to slag of your compatriot tommy!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
true tommy, i hadnt thought of that. sorry mate, i forgot Artur is a good scot aswell so didnt mean to be to cruel on your lad!! however i do think Artur is exciting but at the same time has been woefully exposed in a few fights. the michael gomez fight(while is was an absolute cracker!!) really took aot out of artur. Steve Foster who although was a dirty wee fecker in he fight really hurt him at times in the fight i was suprised Artur got back up tbh. at world level he will get exposed even further. fair play for him taking the fight but i think there is only one winner.

Sorry again to slag of your compatriot tommy!!
I didn't take it that way mate. :laugh::thumbsup:

I think Guzman will win on points but Arthur will put a good showing on, he looked horrible for foster but he took all the weight off here in Scotland for that fight. He's to big to do that, he needs to be in a warm climate because he's huge and the weight comes off easier.

He's kept his weight down and has been over in Vegas to get in shape so i look for him to come back stronger in this fight.

Im picking Guzman to win by maybe 7-5 or 8-4.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Arthur is a knock out waiting to happen. Guzman will stop him. I have no doubt about that
He wont crush him worse than Gomez did thought, that coment was laughable. :laugh:

G

·
He wont crush him worse than Gomez did thought, that coment was laughable. :laugh:
i would be shocked if anyone can give him more of a beating than Gomez did that night. it was brutal to say the least, but i do think he could well get hurt at world level.

Tommy, whats the story with scott harrison i heard he was trying to get his license back, hes he coming back?its sad his career stalled just as he was getting to the big fights, still though how hes dodged long jail time with his list of crimes is incredible! id love to see him back boxing again, i think it could really help him. i seen frank warren sniffing around him again fighting his corner after warren said he would have nothing to do with him again.(i hate frank warren with a passion!)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Stop Press.

Guzman's Visa has now been approved and he is ready to fight.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i would be shocked if anyone can give him more of a beating than Gomez did that night. it was brutal to say the least, but i do think he could well get hurt at world level.

Tommy, whats the story with scott harrison i heard he was trying to get his license back, hes he coming back?its sad his career stalled just as he was getting to the big fights, still though how hes dodged long jail time with his list of crimes is incredible! id love to see him back boxing again, i think it could really help him. i seen frank warren sniffing around him again fighting his corner after warren said he would have nothing to do with him again.(i hate frank warren with a passion!)
He wont get passed to fight untill his case is over in Spain, its looking like he'll just have to pay 200k and avoid Jail. Im sure his case gets heard in the next month or two. He's been treaining hard and is off the booze, id be looking for him to fight at the end of this year or the start of next year. Warren said "he'll give him another chance", Scott should tell him to go and hump himself after some of the stuff he said.

Warren will get him the fights though, he's still probably his best option as he holds all the major players around 130 - 135.

Scott is going to be fighting at 130 for his comeback i heard, if he still feels bad at the weight then he'll move to 135. He'd still be strong up there.

G

·
He wont get passed to fight untill his case is over in Spain, its looking like he'll just have to pay 200k and avoid Jail. Im sure his case gets heard in the next month or two. He's been treaining hard and is off the booze, id be looking for him to fight at the end of this year or the start of next year. Warren said "he'll give him another chance", Scott should tell him to go and hump himself after some of the stuff he said.

Warren will get him the fights though, he's still probably his best option as he holds all the major players around 130 - 135.

Scott is going to be fighting at 130 for his comeback i heard, if he still feels bad at the weight then he'll move to 135. He'd still be strong up there.
cheers tommy, good to hear hes on the comeback trail, i hope hes got plenty left cos i do think he still could have a good career ahead of him.:thumbsup:

Tommy, i wish everyone in boxing would tell Frank Warren to go hump himself, i hate him with a passion and his smug grin. Ill say one thing about him jumping from Sky sports, its given plenty of fighters a chance on TV we may not of seen if warren had his army on it every week. i love friday fight night, shame it wasnt on tonight.(well it was but no live action)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers tommy, good to hear hes on the comeback trail, i hope hes got plenty left cos i do think he still could have a good career ahead of him.:thumbsup:

Tommy, i wish everyone in boxing would tell Frank Warren to go hump himself, i hate him with a passion and his smug grin. Ill say one thing about him jumping from Sky sports, its given plenty of fighters a chance on TV we may not of seen if warren had his army on it every week. i love friday fight night, shame it wasnt on tonight.(well it was but no live action)
**** Hennessy just signed with ITV, do you guys get that in ireland (im sure you do) the Inkin vs Froch and Witter vs Bradley fight is on next month, its a good card.

G

·
**** Hennessy just signed with ITV, do you guys get that in ireland (im sure you do) the Inkin vs Froch and Witter vs Bradley fight is on next month, its a good card.

yeah we have it over here Tommy, i really cant stand ITVs commentators, nor setantas either!!! Carl Froch im still undecided on tbh, hes good to watch but just cant figure out how far he will go. Witter really needs a big fight especially after KO Harris.

ITs a shame Sky are losing alot of their boxing to ITV, Sky should make sure and hold onto the rest of there domestic game well what they have they have left anyway.Sky definitly is the best place to watch boxing..

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah we have it over here Tommy, i really cant stand ITVs commentators, nor setantas either!!! Carl Froch im still undecided on tbh, hes good to watch but just cant figure out how far he will go. Witter really needs a big fight especially after KO Harris.

ITs a shame Sky are losing alot of their boxing to ITV, Sky should make sure and hold onto the rest of there domestic game well what they have they have left anyway.Sky definitly is the best place to watch boxing..
Darke and Watt are an awesome duo on sky, there not getting much fights though. I see them heading over to Setanta (hopefuly) John Rawlings is the worst comentator ive heard, ever, Duke Mackenzie is even better and he's still poor. :laugh:

Inkins a class act, he should tell us all we need to know about the cobra.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts