Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guzman targets Campbell “Your Honeymoon is Over”
Two-division champion Joan Guzman has made it no secret that he intends to win a title in the lightweight division. He already has an opponent in mind; the lightweight kingpin and always colorful Nate Campbell. Campbell 32-5-1 (25) who got married last Saturday in Jacksonville, Fla., is currently on his honeymoon..

“Everyone has seen the picture of Nate and his wife in their cute, white, wedding outfits,” said Guzman, who has a record of 28-0, with 17 knockouts. “I hope they’re enjoying their honeymoon because Nate’s honeymoon at the top of the lightweight division is going to end once he finds the courage to fight me.”

Guzman may or may not get his wish since Campbell’s team is in a WBO purse bid with Campbell’s mandatory challenger Joel Casamayor. The purse bid is scheduled for Tuesday, May 27.

“I don’t know why Nate is considering fighting Casamayor,” said Guzman, who is exclusively promoted by San Diego-based Sycuan Ringside Promotions. “I think he’s afraid of me. I’ll make Nate look so bad that he’ll retire after I wipe the floor with him.

“I guess I can understand why Nate doesn’t want to fight me. Twenty-eight boxers have tried to beat me and none of them came close to succeeding.

“I honestly thought Nate was a serious fighter, but I’m starting to question that. If Nate wants a real challenge, he knows where to find me.”

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nate Campbell Responds To Guzman
22.05.08 - Georgetown, Grand Cayman: IBF / WBO / WBA king Nate Campbell took a few moments away from his honeymoon to respond to comments made by former 130lb champ Joan Guzman. The always outspoken Campbell had this to say regarding Guzman's "disrespectful comments": "This clown reminds me of one of those yapping little rat dogs. Yip, yip, yip at your ankles. He asked why I was considering fighting Casamayor. Well the answer is simple. Because Casamayor is my mandatory, and he holds 2 belts; The WBO interim title, and the Ring title, which happens to be 2 more belts than Joanie herself holds.."

"Unlike her, I actually try and do my mandatories, and not "forget" to get my visa to get out of the fight. And didn't she sign for a fight with Katsidis, only to break a nail or something and pull out? And she is questioning my willingness to fight? That's a laugh. My message to Joanie is this: Chill out. If Casa don't sign, and the WBO makes you my mandatory over Khan, then you will get the beating you so desperately seem to want. But right now you are behind Casa, so deal with it. And another thing, this aint 122 pounds, which I think is the last division that you actually were able to put someone on the floor. Since then all you do is stink out the joint. But if you end up being my mandatory, then you can get that ass whippin same as Casa would have. But this business of saying you're being ducked when you've only been in the division for a half an hour is nonsense. Who the hell are you to vacate 130 to get out of the Arthur fight, and think you can just barge into 135 and start telling people whats what? You havent earned your place or your respect in this division yet. So chill out, or you may just end up sitting, just like your promoter Sycaun made me sit when I was Julio Diaz' mandatory, and they wouldn't fight me. Yeah, I'm, sure your boy Woodworth thinks I have amnesia about that **** too. But I got a long memory."

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
WTF?

Nate reads my posts, i fukkin know it. :laugh:

That "she" and "broken finger nail" stuff is all mine, just check back the Vitali threads. :D

Nate reads the boards, im convinced of it.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Guzman style is all wrong for Campbell

·
Registered
119 Posts
Have you seen Guzman'z open letter? Stuff like "I also want to thank Nate for letting his wafe take a break from using the strap-on during their honeymoon", "Nate obviously has an easier time beating up women than men. Doesn't he remember punching and choking a former girlfriend before pulling a gun on her", and "i'll send his a$$ back to the Winn dixie supermarket so he can learn to pack bags all over again."

Getting a little personal isn't it?

G

·
Have you seen Guzman'z open letter? Stuff like "I also want to thank Nate for letting his wafe take a break from using the strap-on during their honeymoon", "Nate obviously has an easier time beating up women than men. Doesn't he remember punching and choking a former girlfriend before pulling a gun on her", and "i'll send his a$$ back to the Winn dixie supermarket so he can learn to pack bags all over again."

Getting a little personal isn't it?
Just a little. :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
And Nate's responded with "Schaeffer's sack is in your mouth", "I didn't say one word about your family, i left your husband out of it", and "from what i hear, you being down on your knees isn't anything new... It's not polite to talk with your mouth full. Every B!tch should know that much."

Good old fashioned trash talking, now all we need is Mayorga thrown into the mix :laugh:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Guzman is very skilled but he gets hit too much for a slickster. If Nate is busy from the start he might get a close decision.
Guzman won't stand on the inside with Campbell. He won't win that way. He'll use his legs and speed to frustrate Nate. I see Guzman winning by UD

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah Guzman will stay away from Nate. Nate wasn't even paid attention to prior to beating Juan Diaz. Now a lot of people see him as better than he is.

G

·
In a year or two i think he can. Right now I think both would be to much for him
I know Khan has the ability to beat all the guys at 135. I can't wait until Warren finally gives him a really tough fight so we can see what Khan's really made of. Gomez is a good puncher but he needs a tougher challenge before a world title shot.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Yeah Guzman will stay away from Nate. Nate wasn't even paid attention to prior to beating Juan Diaz. Now a lot of people see him as better than he is.
Guzman is the better boxer by a mile but he would be up against a bigger man who can box and brawl. I can definitely see him lose this one but it would be a toss up IMO.
Well Nate just beat the guy who was considered the best lightweight in the world so I give credit where credit is due. Maybe he won't be able to put up an impressive performance like that again but for now I rate him highly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts