Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GUZMAN BATTLES ARTHUR ON PAC-MARQUEZ CARD!

By Salven L. Lagumbay
PhilBoxing.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2008

Sources have informed that WBO superfeatherweight champion Joan Guzman of the Dominican Republic has been included in the huge March 15 card at the Mandalay Bay, as he defends his title against Alex Arthur of the United Kingdom.

The main event will feature the highly-anticipated rematch between Filipino superstar Manny Pacquiao against Mexican icon Juan Manuel Marquez.

Guzman is one of the fighters who have been calling out Pacquiao to a fight, even going as far as attending the Pacquiao-Barrera post fight press conference to personally challenge Pacquiao to a fight.

Also slated to fight in the March 15 card is WBC lightweight king David Diaz, who is being groomed to face Pacquiao next should the Filipino prevail over Marquez.

Also, WBO featherweight champ Steven Luevano will defend his title against the very tough Thai fighter Terdsak Jandaeng, who holds the prestigious WBO Asia Pacific title.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats 2 great fights and david diaz to.

this cards looking awesome so far.

artur v guzman is a 50-50 me thinks, alex is a freak of nature at 130.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Alex looks like hes really struggling to make the weight and looked bad against Foster. I think Guzman wins a UD by a tidy margin.

I like this card though, Luevano is a very good fighter and his opponent is no joke either. I thought it was David Diaz vs. Soto?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if thats the only time you've seen aarthur fight then dont judge him on that.

he's 1000 times beter than that, he looked gray after lossing a lot of weight and that slowed him down a lot and he never had much snap in his punches.

Alex knows where he went wrong and he's going to train to stay around 130ish till his next fight, guzman is also very tight at the weight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone care to make a bet for this one?

i'll place 100k on AAA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts