Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i,m new to boxing and have only been training in a gym for about one month. I'm interested in becoming an amature fighter and maybe going pro. but the gym i have been going to says they just train they don't set up fights for you. so i was wondering what to do if i should cotinue training at this gym or find a new one

·
Registered
60 Posts
Im not 100 percent but cant you just pay the fine for fighting in 08 and jut going to the bouts by urself and weighin in and such? If not then i think you should just switch gyms but wait for some1 with more knowledge to answer your question

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Hey jake, welcome to the forums. First off, where are you from?

You dont "have" to have your gym set up amateur fights, but you need to know where and when the events are taking place. Do you have a local PAL boxing center? Many communities do, and they have events a couple times a year.

If I were you however, I would look for a gym who is active in amateur fighting, that can get you involved if thats what you want.

Like I said, let me know where your located and I can try to recommend some gyms to you to check out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts