Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would the result have been the same as last night's fight?

IMO it would. Cortez single-handedly broke Hatton's rhythm by allowing Floyd to use his elbows while preventing Hatton from doing his own thing. Cortez thought Hatton did things which were more imagined than real, telling Hatton to stop holding when it was actually Floyd doing much of it.

Just goes to show you how much the refs affect the outcome of a fight. With an unbiased and objective ref, Floyd wouldve lost to Hatton like Malignaggi. It wouldve been much closer, but Floyd would still lose to a Hatton with his rhythm unimpeded by a really fair referee, and not just one who proclaims himself to be such.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Mate.......

NO EXCUSES

Bottom line

Floyd was too good and won.

Paulie is NOT Floyd and this was a TOTALLY different weight division.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Hatton stilled would've been KOd by one of the best fighters of our time. Floyd is too much for Hatton IMO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He probably wouldn't have stopped him. He would have won none the less. :thumbsup:

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Sure. If a hundred illegal elbows,and a ref basically telling Hatton to stop fighting means nothing.
I don't think it was the elbows that put him to sleep and if Hatton didn't try to grab him so much...he wouldn't have eaten so many bows. Besides...the ringpost landed the best punch of the night :laugh:. Hatton was dominated that night...just give it up to PBF.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think it was the elbows that put him to sleep and if Hatton didn't try to grab him so much...he wouldn't have eaten so many bows. Besides...the ringpost landed the best punch of the night :laugh:. Hatton was dominated that night...just give it up to PBF.
Elbows, paid ref, bigger size, yeah Floyd had all the advantages in that fight. :laugh:

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Elbows, paid ref, bigger size, yeah Floyd had all the advantages in that fight. :laugh:
You're not going to catch me hating on hatton cuz I like the guy. He's what every European fighter should be. But he lost that fight fair and square...swallow your pride and accept it. Paid ref :laugh:...I guess he paid the ringpost too :laugh:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Wow...that's all I can say...
No whilst that is crap you are definitely capable of saying 100% morre bollox than that. ;) Haha

Floyd won though and this fight V a differing fighter at a differing weight has absolutely NADDA to suggest a different outcome against Floyd.

I think you probably agree with my latter statement, am I right?

If so all I need you to do is pretend I never made the former statement and say- Roy Jones beats Ricky and then you can quote me with a thumbs up and say PREACH.

Do you like the new avatar?

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
No whilst that is crap you are definitely capable of saying 100% morre bollox than that. Haha

Floyd won though and this fight V a differing fighter at a differing weight has absolutely NADDA to suggest a different outcome against Floyd.

I think you probably agree with my latter statement, am I right?

If so all I need you to do is pretend I never made the former statement and say is Roy Jones beats Ricky and then you can quote me with a thumbs up and say PREACH.

Do you like the new avatar?
:laugh::laugh::laugh: That was a good one :thumbsup: Nice touch.....oh yea...PREACH!

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
You had Hopkins winning the Calzaghe and Taylor fights too right?
No I had Cortez winning it :laugh:

Yeah I felt Hopkins won the first fight, but I thought it would end in a draw. The second fight I felt Hopkins won by decision, and I had Hopkins beating Cal too. And I have good reasons why on all 3 of thise fights in how he won; so it's not just because I'm a Hopkins fan.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts