Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
yeah i saw this and he still has his churpiness in him. looks happy and still kinda loud. mayweather tries to be extrovert, but he doesn't come out right. hamed is one of few who are naturally just the centre of attention. i think he craved the attention than the boxing.

and i agree about barrera fight. he wasn't himself at all. just by watching the little prince documentary on you tube about prince naz proves he wasn't focused enough to beat any elite at that time. maybe 2 years before, but not at that stage. if he does come back then i hope he fights someone that comes forward to see how he is.

one of my favs for his style, character and entertainment. i also strongly believe he is similar to zab judah. if he mentally kept it together then he would have been great.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
yeah i saw this and he still has his churpiness in him. looks happy and still kinda loud. mayweather tries to be extrovert, but he doesn't come out right. hamed is one of few who are naturally just the centre of attention. i think he craved the attention than the boxing.

and i agree about barrera fight. he wasn't himself at all. just by watching the little prince documentary on you tube about prince naz proves he wasn't focused enough to beat any elite at that time. maybe 2 years before, but not at that stage. if he does come back then i hope he fights someone that comes forward to see how he is.

one of my favs for his style, character and entertainment. i also strongly believe he is similar to zab judah. if he mentally kept it together then he would have been great.
It's too late for a comeback IMO :thumbsup:

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
YouTube - Prince Naseem Hamed 'I Was Bloody Good'

Hated him at the time but i think i miss him just a shame he was a shell when Barerra fought him.

He wasnt a shell of himself he just got his butt kicked by a better fighter on the night. The sad part is he couldnt stomach defeat. He didnt have the bottle as they say. He was fine when winning but didnt have what it takes to get up , dust himself off and redeem himself he just self imploded

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He wasnt a shell of himself he just got his butt kicked by a better fighter on the night. The sad part is he couldnt stomach defeat. He didnt have the bottle as they say. He was fine when winning but didnt have what it takes to get up , dust himself off and redeem himself he just self imploded

I think Hamed of around 97-98 under Ingle would have put up a much better fight maybe not won but was a far better fighter.

G

·
I lost repect for Nas when he didn't re-establish himself. He could have beat Barrera in a rematch. Barrera's tactics just shocked him that night.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
It's too late for a comeback IMO :thumbsup:
i think he's 34 right? if he really wnated too (which i doubt) then he has a chance just because of the fact that he hasn't been in the wars. he retired at 28 also which is quite young. the guy is a phenomoninal athelete. if anyone can come back then it's him

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
i think he's 34 right? if he really wnated too (which i doubt) then he has a chance just because of the fact that he hasn't been in the wars. he retired at 28 also which is quite young. the guy is a phenomoninal athelete. if anyone can come back then it's him
He's in the fat club now though :thumbsup: I do think he could do it if he really put his mind to it, but I don't think he can ever do it ;)

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
He's in the fat club now though :thumbsup: I do think he could do it if he really put his mind to it, but I don't think he can ever do it ;)
true i don't think he will too. maybe if he got bank rupted like so many6 boxers he would come back lol. ofc he won't sicne he has like 30 mil :D

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Hatton's the president right? :D

Hamed shouldn't even think about coming back. Guys with unorthodox styles need to be in their prime or they get dismantled.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts

Hamed shouldn't even think about coming back. Guys with unorthodox styles need to be in their prime or they get dismantled.
come on he should! roy jones just don't dance good during the fight (vs tito i was just thinking damn he looks old dancing like that), and well sugar ray leonard is erm past it :p

right now i don't think there are any entertaining boxers. well i am a boxing fan so love the boxing and that's enough anyway, but sometimes you need that lil spark you know.

suppose i will have to do with miranda and his mouth lol

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

:laugh: Sure is. I wondered how long it would be before someone put that :laugh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts